Thread: Lake Raleigh Crappie

Default Lake Raleigh Crappie

Well I went to Lake Raleigh this a.m., and low in behold their are fish in their. I caught two crappie in about 45mins using a jig. I've been fishing there every afternoon for a week without a bite. Ive yet to catch a bass but there are crappie. They were fairly small, about palm size, but i was just pleased to know they're fish there.

will if you ever wanna get some minnows and hang out there shoot me a PM.. i live maybe 3 minutes from the lake and even though it may be a little warm for the big slabs there are some monsters in there!
    2014 Freshwater Fish Total: 205 Bass:104 Bass 5lb+: 9 Biggest: 9.25lb bass/20lb flathead
    2014 Saltwater Fish Total: 261 Biggest: 40# Wahoo

I'd be in fr some crappie fishing just finished up the last set I had in the freezer
    2014 LMB Total : 315; Largest 8.75#. Total over 4#: 30;Lifetime largest 8.75
    2014 Crappie Total: 118;

I'm down too. Maybe we can get a group to head over there sometime. I live over by Meredith College. Fished Lake Raleigh with minnows about 2 months ago but the water was still cold. Two places on lake wheeler rd to buy minnows.
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
    Follow NCFishingReport on Twitter!

Yeah i'd be down to go anytime. I live on avent ferry, so I can practically walk there. But anytime you wanna go let me know. I try to go fishing everyday after work. I usually go there or Crabtree.

Quote Originally Posted by crappie89 View Post
    I'm down too. Maybe we can get a group to head over there sometime. I live over by Meredith College. Fished Lake Raleigh with minnows about 2 months ago but the water was still cold. Two places on lake wheeler rd to buy minnows.
    I know of the gas station right next to the lake that sells minnows. Where is the other spot?

There are two gas stations on either side of the lake that sell them
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
    Follow NCFishingReport on Twitter!

So when are we gointo try r isit to late in year
    2014 LMB Total : 315; Largest 8.75#. Total over 4#: 30;Lifetime largest 8.75
    2014 Crappie Total: 118;