Thread: Walleye fishing in Western North Carolina

Default Walleye fishing in Western North Carolina

I truly miss catching walleyes from the plentiful natural lakes of Wisconsin. I fished them often and knew where & when to go to be the most successful. I understood natural lakes but these southern reservoir's are much different. I just cannot seem to locate and catch walleyes in them even though I assume they are there. Very few NC anglers go after walleyes so they get very little pressure.
    What is the trick(s) to catching these very tasty fish in these high mountain lakes?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Walleye fishing in Western North Carolina

Welcome out Crabman. I can't help with the walleyes - being a piedmont guy, I'm a hundred miles (or two) from the nearest walleye. But I'm looking forward to hearing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
    I truly miss catching walleyes from the plentiful natural lakes of Wisconsin. I fished them often and knew where & when to go to be the most successful. I understood natural lakes but these southern reservoir's are much different. I just cannot seem to locate and catch walleyes in them even though I assume they are there. Very few NC anglers go after walleyes so they get very little pressure.
    What is the trick(s) to catching these very tasty fish in these high mountain lakes?
    Hardest thing in this area is locating them. Techniques are the same. Where are you fishing? Time of year means alot.
    Are fishermen all liars?

I'm miss them also. I used to live in UP Michigan and lower MI. Yum yum nothing beats that wallyeye on the old iron skillet during a shore lunch. steelehead are also running oh how I miss those day's. Let us know if you find them.