NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avon Pier is CLOSED/OPEN/CLOSED/OPEN...

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Jeffonc 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just thought some of u would like to know that Avon Pier is Open....I personally called them...And The Big Drum are Biting.
Sorry guys I ment Avalon pier....my bad....

#12 ·
Avon Fishing Pier, NC
Unfortunately although we are privately owned and operated we have a contract with the National Park Service as we are on national park land. We tried to stay open but were forced to close the doors. All we know now is we have to stay closed until the NPS allows us to reopen. If you have further questions or comments please contact National Park Services. We will update everyone and open back up as soon as we can. Again we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Rodanthe Pier
I have just been given the word from Terry. We will be honoring Avon Fishing Pier's season passes starting tomorrow. This will go on as long as the government shutdown crisis continues.

Tim C

#17 ·
There is no reason whatsoever for that pier to shut down. I think the customers should show up in force along with the owner and staff and call their bluff. What are the rangers going to do, start shooting people? Open it, use it, and defy the NPS. I also think the NPS employees that would sacrifice their principals to keep their job don't deserve the job. This is tyranny that is being imposed for political purposes. People need to stand up against it.

#18 ·
Just remember that some of these NPS employees may not agree with any of this. It would be hard to make the decision between enforcement of something you don't agree with or your job. When the shutdown is over they will get paid. What are you going to do if you get fired for refusing to enforce the order?

I just don't see the point in closing beaches, memorials etc.. and still have the same employees out there just to say " sorry folks. Wallyworld is closed".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#20 ·
It's not against the law to not follow an unlawful order. Open it and tell them to pound sand. Maybe a few left in the NPS that know right from wrong. Weed out the fascists from the patriots. They don't own the Atlantic Ocean last time I checked. Call FOX when you do-----they eat this stuff up! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.