Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Neuse River Shad

Default 2014 Neuse River Shad

lets get this thread started. the neuse is at flood stage right now withch got me wondering when the run might start. anyone seen any yet.

Any day now. Start tying those jigs
    Hobie Revo 13

Its going to be for sure a month yet before its really going good right?

Im ready for them to start running. Thought about going out this weekend for catfish but with the amount of water in the river im not sure it is even worth the time.
    Red X Angler

i seen a boat trailer today at the whiskey dicks ramp. the river is at flood stage and i have cought shad in goldsboro on the first weekend of feb. so i could be on here real soon.
    RouseD likes this.

Ready and waiting boys. Just picked up a new ultra lite rig yesterday.
    2840-FISH, and RouseD like this.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
    Follow NCFishingReport on Twitter!

i was thinking the same thing, river is waaayyyy up right now and has been last week or so with all this rain, hopefully their moving on up and in as we speak. I'll probably start trying around the 1st week in feb or so but i'm guessing it'll still be a month from now b4 their in
    BORN 2 FISH...forced to work!!

These threads get started earlier and earlier every year. Hah. I think we are all ready for em!

I only fish on the days that end in "Y" ...Red X Angler- Bleed BLUE RedFish 14

I've been ready myself. Even though the Neuse is right out the back door I plan on hitting the Tar a bit this year just to mix things up.
    RouseD likes this.

hey wsanford have you ever caught them in little r where it comes around princeton area?? just curious, figured they may come up that far but wasnt positive thanks
    BORN 2 FISH...forced to work!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2840-FISH View Post
    hey wsanford have you ever caught them in little r where it comes around princeton area?? just curious, figured they may come up that far but wasnt positive thanks
    I haven't gone after them in the Little River. I just started kayak fishing last fall but plan on floating it a couple times when they run. There are two good spots to put in across 70 from Princeton. I would imagine they would come up it a ways, they come up a couple of much smaller creeks around here and the mouth of the Little is such a hot spot. I'll definitely post what I find this spring and let you know.
    2840-FISH, and RouseD like this.

I put on the 101 tread last night. .. Some shad but not a lot have been caught at pitch kettle in drift nets this week. Ill post up when I hear about any large numbers

red x ​anglers

Quote Originally Posted by c.lane View Post
    I put on the 101 tread last night. .. Some shad but not a lot have been caught at pitch kettle in drift nets this week. Ill post up when I hear about any large numbers
    Yeah, that just makes things itch just a little more! :-)
    c.lane, and RouseD like this.

put me down on the ready to go list as well. It looks like I am going to be tied up closer to home till mid April how long does the action usually last.

Darrell
    RouseD likes this.

Red X Angler

If ya'll come down for the March Meet n Greet there still will be shad in Kinston I'm pretty sure.
    dbeam, OptiMystic, and RouseD like this.

* With "Self regulation", comes "De-regulation". Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws * *PROUD RED X ANGLER*

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast