NC Angler Forums banner

PENN Battle 2000

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AHODGES21 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm starting my second season with my Battle and literally all I had to do is lube it and replace the mono with braid. My grandfather swore by his Penn reels and would not let anyone in the family go fishing with him unless we had Penns, the Battle has the same quality that he expected back then. The ht-100 drag system is super smooth and reliable. I use the combo mainly for jigging on a pier which means having a gold hook rig along with a diamond jig, I have no problems hooking and landing legal Spanish Mackeral's five at a time or fighting a hatteras blue.

#3 ·
I own two 3000s and liked them so much i went and bought the 2000. When i got home i took the spool off and immeideatly lost a washer/spacer from underneath the spool. When taken apart, the reel is different from the way the battle 3000's are from what i could tell. I think this this reel has a much cheaper feel than the other battles. If it were me. i would go with another 3000 if i could do it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.