Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep River

Default Deep River

Hi ALL,
    Lemme throw somethin @ ya .......... Does anyone know anything about Deep River? Ive fished this river practically my whole life and last year I caught the biggest channel cat ive ever caught in Randleman..... Ive spent the last 4 hrs on my CP lookin for a site that would give me a list of the different fish species in Deep River and cant find squat!!!!! I happened to come across this site and JUST HAD TO JOIN!!
    froggy waters, NCPIERMAN, and sundrop like this.

Default Re: Deep River

NEVER FISHED OR HEARD OF THE DEEP RIVER BUT IF THERE ARE CATS THERE IS OTHER TYPES OF FISH IN THERE,YA JUST GOTTA SEARCH FOR THEM AND IF YOUR NOT FINDING MANY THEN THE ONES YOU DO FIND WILL BE BIG ONES
    Tubby1 likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Hey Tubby,

I fished the Deep River once last year out of the High Point area. I fished two different locations. My first spot I didn't catch anything, but saw a lot of carp activity.
    The second place I fished near Scientific Street I caught a small Largemouth, a yellow perch, and some sunfish with nightcrawlers.

I hope this helps, there is a variety to choose from in the river and I am looking forward to finding some good catfishing there also.

Tailchasr
    froggy waters, and Tubby1 like this.

I live a mile from the river and have fished it regularly for 30 years , good bass fishing for largemouth and theres usually a roanoke bass or two mixed in , redbreast are the most numerous sunfish with a few bluegills and a shellcracker once in a while , a few crappie also . catfish are mainly bullhead with a few white cats , never caught a channel cat but there's probably been a few thrown in there , also plenty of carp and gar , if your fishing in randleman then polecat creek has fair crappie and shellcracker fishing at the mouth
    froggy waters, and Tubby1 like this.

Ive caught cats there seems like forever now... and until I caught that big channel cat I only caught Bullhead Cats..... As for Largemouth Bass..... I catch 1#to 5# fish every spring and summer on into fall... then its huntin season... but I know there is an abundance of fish species in the river I was just wonderin if anyone knew of a link or a site where I could find a listing of all the species that have been recorded in the river? Oh yea and there are some BIG freshwater eels in there as well!! Ive also seen GAR, Snapping & Painted Slider Turtles, Bream, and the occasional snakes... Im sure This is just a small list.....

IF THERE IS GAR THEN THERE IS MOSTLIKELY BOWFIN AS WELL
    carolina reb1861 likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

I also live about a mile from the Deep River and have fish it often. Have expierenced some pretty good bass fishing for largemouth and theres usually some species of panfish to be had. I personally have never taken any catfish but I too know there are plenty of carp and gar in the river system. I fish the area around Coleridge and other points as well.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Man I dont know how u've managed to fish in deep river and not catch a cat.......... I put in a canoe @ Coleridge and went Bass fishin and still caught a cat... on a spinnerbait.... 1st time that ever happened!! well hope to see ya on the River sometime!!
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Smile Re: Deep River

We will have to get together sometime and fish the Deep River together. Up your way is much better for Cats I think. We have many shallow areas down here. If you want give me a shout at my email of ncirish49@hotmail.com and lets see when we can fish between horse back riding lessons, gymnastics, 8 grandchildren, and oh yea, WORK. LOL
    Seriously, lets get together sometime even if for coffee and say hello.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Danny

Hey man that sounds fantastic...... I fish under tha 42 bridge when I do come to coleridge and just about ne where else I can get near the water. Havent actually been much farther than under the bridge exept when I took the canoe.... but Im gonna try to put my 14' jon in down there this yea....might have to drop the wheels of my trailer off the bank to launch but I think I can make it happen! I guess we'll c...... and yea we'll deff. get 2gthr and fish or just hang out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby1 View Post
    Hi ALL,
    Lemme throw somethin @ ya .......... Does anyone know anything about Deep River? Ive fished this river practically my whole life and last year I caught the biggest channel cat ive ever caught in Randleman..... Ive spent the last 4 hrs on my CP lookin for a site that would give me a list of the different fish species in Deep River and cant find squat!!!!! I happened to come across this site and JUST HAD TO JOIN!!
    hey tub,
    i've fished the high point lakes all my life and since both these lakes are on the river i've come to know the species in it quite well.they include;largemouth and hybrid bass,yellow perch,pumpkinseed,bluegill,redear,also called shellcracker,green sunfish,gizzard and threadfin shad,carp,bowfin,chain pickeral,channel,blue,and white catfish,along with brown and yellow bullhead catfish.hope this info helps! i am a volunteer instructor with parks and rec teach a kid to fish programs,and have had to study the various species to do my presentations. oh,almost forgot,black and white crappy,and warmouth bream also.

jerry condrey
    NCPIERMAN, sundrop, and Tubby1 like this.

JERRY,
    IF EVER INTRESTED IN A GUEST SPEAKER FOR THE KIDS LET ME OFFER UP MY HELP,I LOVE TALKING FISHING WITH KIDS

sounds great! our first one is in april,on the 12th,i think.would be great if you could make it!keep watching for my posts,we need volunteers,all we can get!we already have about 50 kids registered,so we're gonna need help.
    thanks,
    jerry
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

JERRY,
    WILL DEFINETLY BE LOOKING FOWARD TO IT

Jerry thank you very much...... thats the most informative answer I could've asked for!!!!! The only thing I didn't see on your list was gar...... I know their in there..... I see em every year! Ne how thank you very much again and maybe Ill c ya on the river

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast