Thread: Croakers @ James river

Default Croakers @ James river

I know its out of the area, but has anyone heard any reports about the fishing up there. Gary
    FishinTopsail, and Scott Hobbs like this.

Default Re: Croakers @ James river

I went to the James River pier on Sunday, April 5 and did not catch a single fish. I am sure the water temp was still too low. Don't know if it is better now. I did see a guy who caught a striper, and did not release it. As we walked back to the car the marine police and he were having a little "chat". Probably the most expensive fish he will catch this season.

Man I hate when that happens.......even some people on the piers when you tell em that fish is to small.....and they reply its OK....and then the man gets em....I kinda get a warm and fuzzy chuckle at that point..

tight line<*)))))>{
    sundrop likes this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Thanks everyone for the replies. It sounds like I still have a little time to get ready for the trip. I bet that guy will think twice before he keeps an undersize fish next time. Some people are just hard headed.

From another board I know the croaker have made their way up the Potomac and Rappahonock, so I would think some would be in the James by now

Thobela Ididn't get to try the croakers, had a 30th aniv. party to go to. The bosslady said i might could miss #31 so ihad to stick around. Let me know if you did anything or whats going on Gary
    thobela likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by firebug View Post
    Thobela Ididn't get to try the croakers, had a 30th aniv. party to go to. The bosslady said i might could miss #31 so ihad to stick around. Let me know if you did anything or whats going on Gary
    Yes, you do not want to get the Boss lady angry. The croakers will be there next time, but a good woman is harder to find. I still have not made it up to James. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Planing to take my "Geritol gang" Monday or Tuesday of next week. Going to hit the CBBT for flatties, then hit on the Croakers.

Good luck to you Coork! Nice of you to take the old guys fishing!!!