NC Angler Forums banner

6th Annual Bay River Meet and Greet

51K views 370 replies 50 participants last post by  biglenr 
#1 ·
Here we go 6th Annual Bay River Meet and Greet !!!!! Held this year for the 4th time at Rivers Edge Campground,

Sept 30, Oct 1st and 2nd 2016

This is one of my favorite get togethers of the year. Pier fishing, yak fishing, boat fishing, and a wonderful RedX meal on Sat. evening, usually an informal meal at someone's campsite on Friday evening.

Speckled Trout, Reds, Flounder, Black Drum. I encourage past attendees to post some pictures of past Bay River Meets.

The campground is Rivers Edge, right on the water with great facilities, a fishing pier, good boat launch, and a fish cleaning station, there is also a horse shoe pit and covered picnic area where you can just sit and watch the waters. Greg lets us use the Camp Office and meeting room for the Sat. evening meal and is just an all around great host. The family campground has lots of permanent campers set-up that seem to enjoy our company as much as we enjoy being there.

Tent camping this year will be $8 per person per night. which includes use of the campground facilities.
The Web Site is http://www.riversedgefamilycampground.com/ 252-559-3603 no need to call if you want a tent site, but if you are planning on bringing a camper get in touch with Greg and let him know your coming so he can have a spot ready.

For those that are not bringing a camper, and would prefer not to tent camp there is a campground with cabins available about 15 mins away. pappadave has stayed in the cabins and had a good report on the camp and cabins. It is Moonlight Lakes Campground Web Site http://www.moonlightlake.com/

If you decide to stay at the cabins or a motel (a farther drive) please be sure to check with Greg at Rivers edge and square up for any launch fees, and facility use while your there.

There are some good restaurants in Bayboro, for anyone not fishing or boating New Bern, and Oriental are only a few miles away, with lots of things to see and do.

All right lets get this one started, I will try to keep a list of attendees here as well as anything you want to bring for the meal or meals.

Agger and Amanda
BigE818 --------------------------------------------- Baked Beans
biglenr
Blind Squirrel and Tam-Tam
boorntobe and Katrina
Bruce
Dbeam and Linda ------------------------- potato soup
Echerd, Banjo, and a friend
EvBlue
FishermanBill
h2ohhh -----------It may cost him but surely he will not miss this one again.
Gremilsrus -------------------------------------Pies
jbowman
JScott and ZackFishSlayer
mikeski
MoFish
NCfishingKing ------------------------------ A delicious treat, of his creation yet to be announced
NCTribute
Neptune
papadave and family
plowboy0051
QuestforReds and brother
RaymondWells
RouseD and Susie. --------------------- pulled BBQ with slaw and blu-cheese crumbles
Scott Hobbs
SnowCamp ------------------------------------Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
sporkd2
tarbilly and Carla

See less See more
#12 ·
I am so far in you are gonna need a crow bar to pull me out!

My boss KNOWS that I was pretty upset when I couldn't make it last year, he will make it right for me this year. He's promised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.