NC Angler Forums banner

Tuckertown Lake

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  zooker 
#1 ·
:cool:Hey guys, Long time since I posted! I've been having some health issues PLUS I'm a fulltime student and I work. Not alot of fishing time. But things are slowin down now so I'm back on the lake....well, bank anyhow.

I was wondering if there were any decent places to fish from the banks at Tuckertown. As most of you know, I don't have a boat.

I'm in the market for a lowcost jonboat though if anyone knows of one for sale.

Thanks for the input guys,
Steve :cool:

#5 ·
go past the spot mentioned above.. take the first right hand road. go about 4-5 miles. you will come to a spot where the lake is on both sides of the road.. right side is ok but lots of fishing line tangled in the stumps left side at the culvrt is best..

about a 1/2 mile farther up the road take a right the road goes sharply right to the boat ramp fish the back from there..

zooker

#8 ·
Nah if you turn on tuckertown road before you get to the 49 bridge, they have spilloffs from when tuckertown gets too full. There is a railroad going beside tuckertown and huge tiles that usher water from tuckertown to these little/big ponds off the side.

#9 ·
Nah if you turn on tuckertown road before you get to the 49 bridge, they have spilloffs from when tuckertown gets too full. There is a railroad going beside tuckertown and huge tiles that usher water from tuckertown to these little/big ponds off the side.
the ponds are deeper than they look i have fished them. along the tracks the water is normally 15-35 feet deep near the road it verys but average is 5-6 feet..

crappie,brim,catfish,and some decent bass..

zooker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.