Thread: Belews Creek Lake Boat Ramp

Default Belews Creek Lake Boat Ramp

Hey guys, does anyone know the address for the Piney Bluff or Pine Hall access on Belews Creek. Or directions from Greensboro/High Point would be appreciated as well. I've never fished Belews, so any info on the lake would be very much appreciated.

Default Re: Belews Creek Lake Boat Ramp

If you are on the west side of Greensboro, go north on highway 68 towards Stokesdale turn left on 65 Piney Bluff is 4 and half or 5 miles on highway 65 on your left. If you are in on the north side use Battleground or highway 220 to highway 158 go left to Stokesdale and pickup highway 65 on the west end of town. If you want to go to Pine Hall just stay on 65 another 2 and half miles or so to Pine Hall Road turn go about 5 and a half miles it will be on your right, I think it's Boat Access Road. Piney Bluff is a better it's bigger launch and more parking it has docks and it lighted. But it does get busy. Here is a Duke Power link with a download map.
    http://www.duke-energy.com/lakes/facts-and-maps/belews-lake.asp

Good fishing!
    If you value your freedom...thank a VETERAN

Thanks jpond! I'm planning on going to Belews on Monday and will report on how it goes.

Ok, so how did you do? I need to get out myself and I'm looking for a good reason!

We went to Belews 6-2-08 and didn't have much success....just to let everyone know, if you come up 68 North, you must turn on Hwy 158 first before getting onto Hwy 65....I kept looking for 65 while driving up 68 and luckily I remember turning left onto 158 from years ago....

Sorry, mk I always come from 220 to 158, and I haven't been up 68 in a couple years myself! Which launch did you use? This time of year I've had my best luck very very early or very very later (before daylight or after dark).

We used the Piney Bluff ramp. We had a great time just seeing the lake...Jpond do you have any more suggestions for the lake? I really appreciate all your help.

Mk, glad to know you found the ramp. What area did you guys fish? Nice lake isn't it?

I've been catching bass out there lately on a small broken back shad rap in a firetiger color. I know! Firetiger is usually for muddy lakes, but it happened by chance when I had it tied on from another pond. It worked so I stuck with it. But generally, natural colors work best at Belews in my opinion.

I've also been getting on them pretty good with a 4" Zoom green pumpkin worm called a "C" tail---- fished weightless rigged wacky with a light wire j hook and 6lb line. These work best when you are casting to bass you can already see, or downed trees and docks where you can see the worm get hit. Its hard to feel the bite on such a small offering. You can almost catch any fish out there on this method if you can toss it on his nose. Not a typical bass strategy but I swear it works.

I think we are going tomorrow afternoon (Thurs) if it gets cloudy/ rainy. My friend really knows how to get them topwater on cloudy days out there. He caught nine early last week on top. I'm learning a lot from him. He destroys me in numbers fishing on top. There really is a method.

Hope this helps. I am no expert out there, but some friends and family live out there and I've spent a lot of time out there in the last 12-14 years. Still have much to learn!

I put in at Humphrey's Ridge or Carolina Marina around 6:00 one or two nights a week. Let me know if you are venturing out there again.
    "Modesty is the only sure bait when fishing for praise."

Freddie,

It is an awesome lake, but it's so clear that I'm not used to fishing clear water.

I sure could use some help on the lake, it sounds like you are well on your way to figuring it out. I can be there most of the time and would definitely welcome the chance to learn more about Belews. PM and we'll see what we can work out.

Matthew

Has anyone noticed the lights are out at Piney Bluff ramp? Does anyone know the reason why? A couple of months ago, I was fishing late and came in, there were a bunch of teenagers out partying in the parking lot. Next time I went fishing, came back in to total darkness. It was pretty dangerous trying to back your trailer down a pitch black ramp/lake. I take it as a hint for kids to not be partying or hanging out, but I also take it as a hint for boaters to not be out on the lake at night! Someone is going to get hurt out there or mess up their boat! Being dark, makes the crime rate much higher (breaking in to cars or ditching cars). Maybe it is a light out and no one has reported?

Just curious to what everyone has heard?

Be Blessed, Mike
    jpond686 likes this.

Teenagers + empty boat ramp + security lights + rocky driveway = busted security light.

teenagers + busted security light + me + cell phone = teenagers arrested.

Rocks? Kids don't throw rocks anymore.... 9mm probably!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mlovelace View Post
    Has anyone noticed the lights are out at Piney Bluff ramp? Does anyone know the reason why? A couple of months ago, I was fishing late and came in, there were a bunch of teenagers out partying in the parking lot. Next time I went fishing, came back in to total darkness. It was pretty dangerous trying to back your trailer down a pitch black ramp/lake. I take it as a hint for kids to not be partying or hanging out, but I also take it as a hint for boaters to not be out on the lake at night! Someone is going to get hurt out there or mess up their boat! Being dark, makes the crime rate much higher (breaking in to cars or ditching cars). Maybe it is a light out and no one has reported?

Just curious to what everyone has heard?

Be Blessed, Mike
    Does anyone know if the lights are back on?

Last Friday night, they were on again! YEAH!!!!!!
    jpond686 likes this.