Thread: albemarle sound

Default albemarle sound

anyone fishing the albemarle sound ???

Default Re: albemarle sound

Nearly 40 views and no replies! That's not like this site. I can't help with the question, but I'd figured I bump it back up to the top in hopes that someone else can.

Hope you get an answer flounderman
    sundrop likes this.

PH
    "Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." --Mark Twain

Angler Member
    US Armed Services Veteran

Yeah, what I have found out is that the majority of people who post saltwater on here are from the southeast sector of the state. Very few from up our end of the state.
    Every day's a holiday and every meal's a feast!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DBank View Post
    Yeah, what I have found out is that the majority of people who post saltwater on here are from the southeast sector of the state. Very few from up our end of the state.
    Sounds to me like we need to do some recruiting up that way
    grandpaa, and ParrotHead like this.

Check out my website: TopsailAngler.com for information on fishing the Topsail area. Follow me on Facebook.
    TackleMonkey.com - the LOCAL tackle shop for the NCAngler.com online community!

I think technology aka: Computers, get thin up that way because of poor internet availability... Every member up that way needs to get one buddy to sign up! And WE need to go up that way and go fishing!!!!
    grandpaa, and ParrotHead like this.

* With "Self regulation", comes "De-regulation". Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws * *PROUD RED X ANGLER*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
    I think technology aka: Computers, get thin up that way because of poor internet availability... Every member up that way needs to get one buddy to sign up! And WE need to go up that way and go fishing!!!!
    There are fewer people up there too. That is one of the least densely populated areas of NC (second to the western most part of the state). All the more reason to go fishing up there - I like that idea.
    ParrotHead, and sundrop like this.

Check out my website: TopsailAngler.com for information on fishing the Topsail area. Follow me on Facebook.
    TackleMonkey.com - the LOCAL tackle shop for the NCAngler.com online community!

Angler Member
    US Armed Services Veteran

Drop, believe it or not, we have Internet up here. They got it to us right after running water and indoor plumbing! Seriously, it is less populated and the fishing ain't all that around here. We are far enough from the ocean that the water is more brackish to fresh. Very few, if any drum, some flounder, you have to go aways to get any speckled trout. We do have runs of rocks most every year, as posted on another thread. Learning the area has taken awhile for me. People don't seem to want to share info. They act like one more person fishing in an area is going to cause all the fish to be caught out of there LOL! I mostly trailer to the beach (OBX) or VA eastern shore and occasionally to Oriental (just started), but like everyone else I'm feeling the gas crunch. It would be nice to see some more activity up here, maybe that would help out with the sharing of information and the cost of fuel, etc.

Every day's a holiday and every meal's a feast!

DBank, when did you get runing water? were still waiting lol. if you go out the waterfront ramp go past the boat works, right in front of the big blue boat, about 25' , is where the rock like to hang out. theres a lump out there . catch some mullet at the park ramp and have some fun. there are some small flounder outin front of the coast guard base. go past the base and look for the concrete rubble on shore. go out to the chanel marker.
    DBank likes this.

Thumbs up Re: albemarle sound

We need to come up and help yall.I have been there be for working at a plant,think it was a cone plant,I know we stayed in town had to cross bridge everyday to get to plant.I liked the fishing there.
    Faith and prayers are strongest things in life we have!!!!!!!!!!!