Welcome to NCangler.com, an online resource for sports men and women, young and old, who have a passion for fishing the waters of North Carolina. North Carolina Anglers, as well as visitors to our state who migrate here for the great fishing, will benefit from the shared tips and techniques of a collaborative online fellowship of fishermen.
NCangler.com premiered online on January 1st, 2005. The goal was to build a website that would become the definitive resource for anglers from the mountains to the coast of our great state. Through the shared collaboration of saltwater, freshwater, kayak, and fly-fishermen coupled with informative articles, fishing tools & tips, we hope NCangler.com is your online guide to fishing in North Carolina.
About Our Site
NOTE: This is a family site and may be viewed by small children. Posting inappropriate images or using profanity will result in the removal of the material and banning of the poster. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts.
To take advantage of the many features of our site you must register. Simply click on the Register link (or on the main page) and follow the instructions. New members are automatically placed in a category we call "Newbies" and their first five forum posts are automatically placed in moderation. We do this to combat SPAM registrations. Our moderators are volunteers but will read moderated posts as quickly as possible and if appropriate, will approve them, usually the same day they are posted. After five posts have been approved by moderators the user account is automatically elevated to the "Angler Member" user group and future posts that are made are posted immediately. Of course all posts must meet our family-friendly guidelines. Also, we do not allow free advertising on our website. We encourage you to become aware of our site Guidelines. If you were referred to the site by another user, please include their "Username" (not their real name) in the "Referrer" field during the registration process. If you don't know their username just leave the field blank.
You may be new to words like 'forums', 'thread' or 'post'. Well, most of the information that you will need to know in order to use the site can be found in our "Frequently Asked Questions". You can access the FAQ by clicking on the 'Quick Links' menu selection above and then 'FAQ', or by clicking here.
There are several menu options located on the "Menu Navigation Bar" located at the top of each page under our title banner. They include:
- Home (Your quick link back to our main page)
- Forum (This is where all the discussion 'threads' or topics are located)
- Blog Awards (These are featured forum threads that include a fishing report and a great photo)
- Photos (This is where you can share your fishing photographs)
- Videos (This is where you can share a link to fishing videos you've made or like)
- Classifieds (Here members can list stuff for sale. No commercial sales allowed!)
- Reviews (Find or review products of interest to anglers)
- Tools (A number of Fishing information tools including a link to Fishing Reports, Fishing Links, Fly Ties, Fish Facts, Float Plan, Weather Info, Fishing Recipes, a Calendar of events, etc.)
- Info (Links to information About Us, Site Guideline, Advertising Rates and information, and Sponsor and Member Maps)
- What's New (A quick look at posts that have been added since your last visit)
- Search (Search the different topic forums for specific items of interest to you)
After registering, introduce yourself in our "Meet and Greet" forum, located under 'forum', 'Meet and Greet'. Then start sharing your fishing expertise and questions in your favorite fishing forums category.
NOTE: You must have Macromedia Flash Player 7 or higher installed on your computer to take advantage of the Chat program. You can download the free player here.
Don't forget to tell all your fishing friends about NCangler.com and together we will build a family-friendly online community for fishing enthusiasts who like calling North Carolina home. This site will change daily because of the contributions of members like you! So click on the Register link to join now and be a part of making NCangler.com your online guide to fishing in North Carolina.