07-20-2008 04:05 PM
Murphy's Barbecued Shrimp
1lb shrimp (about the size of your ring finger once cleaned)
2 18oz bottles Kraft original barbecue sauce
1 package of wooden skewers
- soak skewers in cold water while preparing shrimp so they will not burn while grilling
- clean and de-vein shrimp. place clean shrimp in bowl of water so they don't dry out
- cut the 1lb packages of bacon into thirds. this is easier if you leave the bacon in the plastic wrapper to cut
- wrap each shrimp with a slice of bacon(now 1/3 slice) and slide skewer through wrapped shrimp from side of shrimp.
- continue until skewers are full. any leftover bacon can just be added to extra skewers.
- cook skewers on the grill (preferably char-coal) until bacon looks done
- brush sauce on skewers(liberally) while still on grill. allow sauce to cook into each side of shrimp.
- remove from grill and be prepared to SLAP YOUR MOMMA
Replies to Recipe: Murphy's Barbecued Shrimp
Re: Murphy's Barbecued Shrimp
very good recipe tried last nite thank you very much