NCangler.com - Surf/Pier Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Surf/Pier Fishing

1. Topsail 10/3-10/7

Awarded by , 10-09-2011 at 08:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by greg12345 View Post
    Hit Topsail for 5d for a trip with the wife this past week:

MON & TUES (10/3-10/4) conditions were pomp-perfect, W wind 0-5, water crystal clear, fished just N of JR pier w/live sand fleas out as far as I could throw it, landed 6 pomps with 2 citations (3lb 2oz, 2lb 4oz...forgot the tape measure but my feet are size 12 to get a size reference in the pic below) which I kept, the other
    Categories
    Surf/Pier Fishing
  2. 6/15/11 Oceanana Pier report (first Cobia!!)

Awarded by , 06-17-2011 at 07:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mss1209 View Post
    Drove down to catch the sunset bite and stay the night for the morning bite and some night fishing. I got there at around 6, the spanish bite was good but nothing special and they were smaller, I got about six in the cooler and lost one really nice smack. water was semi clear and the wind was low but coming from the north so i knew the morning was going to be nice. Night fishing was fun, there were a ton of bait
    Categories
    Surf/Pier Fishing
  3. Sea View Pier 5-1-2011

Awarded by , 05-01-2011 at 08:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    Today I fished the Sea View pier from 7AM until 7:30PM and the chopper blues were biting. When I got to the pier they have already caught three chopper blues. Those were on cut bait fishing near the suds. So I put out the king rig and pulled in the first chopper of the day off the king rigs which weight 9.9 pounds. A couple more chopper were landed and then I got my seconds at 7.6 pounds. During lunch I was
    Categories
    Surf/Pier Fishing
  4. Spanish mackerel blowout on Ocean Isle Pier (by Saltyweeks)

Awarded by , 05-20-2010 at 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyweeks View Post

I just got back from a week-long trip to the coast where I absolutely slayed the Spanish Mackerel from the Ocean Isle Pier, as well as catching many whiting (sea mullet). I also had some good flounder fishing with a friend inshore at the Sunset Beach Bridge.

By far the highlight of the trip was the Spanish mackerel fishing. Spanish mackerel and bluefish were hitting for several days off and
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567