NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Trout fishing Friday Evening and Saturday Morning

Awarded by , 11-05-2017 at 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Gelesh View Post
    Did a little trout fishing Friday after work. Ended up with 4 trout on the super spook jr. all good fish prob 20-17". Got a big whack on the spook followed by some serious pullage. Thought I finally had that monster magazine trout I've been dreaming about. Nope, 25" red. No action on the mirrodine at all, not even a bump.

Fished at sunrise saturday morning. Full moon made for some
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bart gelesh red drum.jpg‎ 
Views:	826 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	166697  
  2. Topsail Specks

Awarded by , 11-02-2017 at 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hobbs View Post
    Trout were killing it yesterday (Tuesday) at Topsail on the outgoing tide. I was fishing DOA Jerk shad in most any color, 1/4 ounce jig head. Cast out and let the current sweep the bait down with slight twitching, they would bow the rod when they hooked up. There was 5 people at the area and all of us got a limit of nice fat trout. I left them biting.

Gotta love the fall bite. Soft plastics will get
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Wounded Warrior fishing day & blackfin citation

Awarded by , 10-30-2017 at 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Our Onslow Bay chapter of CCA has hosted wounded warrior fishing days for the last five years. This past Saturday we hosted about 40 Vets from Project Healing Waters in Raleigh/Cary along with about 15 active duty guys from the Marine Special Operations Command. Fishing was generally pretty good and the weather was almost perfect. Those who stayed inside caught some nice trout, reds and flounder. Those who went
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Kastmaster Reds in the surf 10-22-17

Awarded by , 10-29-2017 at 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Gelesh View Post
    A tad late but I wanted to share. Finally made a trip out to a local uninhabited barrier island here in southern NC. My brother was down for a visit and we were up for some adventuring. We loaded the kayaks and hit the surf at sunrise. My brother was soaking bait and I was slinging a gold 1oz kastmaster on my trout rod. Never been much of a metal guy but having heard lots of good things I figured it was worth
    Categories
    Surf/Pier Fishing
  5. Some good ones today...man overboard!

Awarded by , 10-26-2017 at 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeDown View Post
    We slipped out real early this morning, idling out in the dark, blinded by the GPS track while trying to avoid the shoals and oyster beds! It took a while but I had a plan. As soon as the sun broke the horizon the big bad wolf started blowing. Man, both weather apps had it wrong BAD. I stuck to my plan and got after it. Started off fooling with some small trout but kept my hopes up. The wind climbed on up to NW 15
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-26-17.jpg‎ 
Views:	54 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	165513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pink zman.jpg‎ 
Views:	636 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	165521