NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. You're all invited to Smith River TU Meet - Mar 5, 2009

Awarded by , 03-03-2009 at 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by al k
    Hey guys & gals - I know a lot of you fish the Smith River as it is the closest trout water to where you live. It is also pretty good fishing and a welcome change from casting to a pod of DH fish. I want to invite you to the Smith River TU meeting which is this Thursday, March 5, 2009. Lots of good info will be passed out and we will firm up the details for what will be a busy spring and summer. Details below:

Please note that we are back to meeting at 6:30pm - If you show up early
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Got Whoolies?

Awarded by , 02-23-2009 at 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bassasaurus rex

This weeks featured Fly Angler is WNC musician Galen Kipar.

Galen is a WNC music grad, and one awesome guitar slinger. Galen stays busy as a musician and a local guide. If you would like to contact Mr. Galen send me a PM and I'll send you his contact information. I shot this picture of Galen on our last outing to Cherokee.

I found out
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Feb. fishing still HOT.

Awarded by , 02-16-2009 at 12:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
    Finally getting a day to write a report and post some pictures. Iím sorry, but some of our photoís didnít make it, due to saltwater in the camera. (They are just funny about that). Anyway, the stripers have been getting fatter. My last trip with Bill, Will, and Nanna we started out the day with 25-30lb fish, but ended with fish over 40lbs.

Most fish are being tossed back, especially the bigger ones. Iíve tried to tell most clients
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. WNC Trout Fishing is Hot!

Awarded by , 02-14-2009 at 12:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bassasaurus rex
    Greetings to all. I welcome you all to my new blog here at NCangler. As some of you know the fly fishing has been great this winter with some outstanding Delayed Harvest fishing, and all the Catch and Release streams fishing well due to water levels slowly getting better.

Wild streams are still a bit slow on the bite, but should be warming up soon for some incredible dry fly action. Get your caddis and cahill patterns
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Introducing our Staff

Awarded by , 01-31-2009 at 06:39 PM
    Hi folks. Since the fishing blog entries have been a little slow the past month or so and I spend so much time programming and running the website that I don't get to post that much these days, I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce hundreds of new members to NCangler.com to our staff.

I am Randy Durham, aka NCangler. I am a NC native and I started NCangler.com on January 1, 2005. The goal was to create a website that could become a resource for fishing information ...
    Categories
    NCangler Report , ‎ General Info