NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Stream Safety

Awarded by , 12-01-2006 at 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nantahala Fly Fishing
    Stream Safety
    Know Before You Go - Tips for a Successful Experience

Fly fishing is a relatively safe sport, however, it often takes place in an environment that's not so forgiving. Carelessness, negligence and foolhardiness rate as some of the most common causes of injuries. Accidents are often just waiting to happen on our trout streams. Situational awareness is often our best defense to avoid
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Winter Fishing in The Great Smoky Mountains

Awarded by , 11-29-2006 at 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nantahala Fly Fishing
    My favorite time of year has finally arrived

The leaves have turned and fell, the bookings have slowed some for the guide service, the first boar season has come and gone, and weekday traffic on our streams has greatly decreased. It is now time for me to get some fishing in. Spring, summer and fall I seldom get the chance to have a rod in my hands unless I am giving instruction or showing a client an advanced
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Fishing Flooded Waters

Awarded by , 11-26-2006 at 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTSPOT
    Friday after Thanksgiving, Ralph and I decided to venture out to see how high the water was at Jordan. Normal pool is 216, and the lake was at 224. The docks were flooded and lots of debris everywhere. We launched at New Hope and rode around in search of clean water.

The water in the S turns was very dirty, so we ran north in the main lake until we found the cleanest water, which ended up being at the 64
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rod-Man Report November 22, 2006

Awarded by , 11-22-2006 at 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rick Bennett
    Rod-Man Report November 22, 2006

Hi Folks,
    Happy holiday to all and don't eat too much. The Rod-Man is on a diet and feels like everyone else should suffer too. Due to the terrible storms, rains and winds the last 3 days and continuing in tomorrow, I don't know exactly what to say about fishing right now. It will be "pot luck" for sure.
    But, I can tell you the fishing
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Let the wind blow them in

Awarded by , 11-21-2006 at 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke O Fluke
    A Northeaster is upon us but donít let is bother you. Even though we are expected to see wide spread flooding over the next few days this is not a bad thing. The wind should really push the trout in and I would expect to see red hot fishing this weekend. As of this posting the water is over the road in the harbor check out the Towndock.net Harborcam for the latest shot from the Oriental Harbor CAM.
    Categories
    Uncategorized