NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. TA's weekly column

You may have heard that North Carolina will implement its new coastal recreational fishing license (CRFL) on January 1, 2007. Beginning on January first most recreational anglers will be required to have this license to fish in the state's saltwater estuaries and coastal waters. The license is regulated by the NC Division of Marine Fisheries (DMF) but will be sold by the Wildlife Resource Commission (WRC).

What you may not know is that the license canít be purchased until January ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Jordan Lake-November 19th

Awarded by , 11-20-2006 at 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTSPOT
    Sometimes, you have to go small to get big results. Larger baits don't always catch larger stripers. As the water continues to cool down, use smaller baits and a slow presentation to get big results.

Jason caught this 11 pounder on a 3/8 jig head with a 3 inch sassy shad. A few minutes later, his brother David caught a 8 pounder on a similar lure.

Please practice catch and release and only
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. GREAT FISHING IS ON NOW!!!

Awarded by , 11-19-2006 at 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbutch
    Todays fishing trip was an extra special one for me. Today I had on board the "YEAH RIGHT" Rudy Jenkins, Brian Robbins, Darrell Kennedy, Ronnie Hussey, and Steve Blanchard. Now, what made this one so special. Well, back more years than I want to admit, I used to Striper fish on Badin Lake, one of the lakes on the Yadkin River Chain of lakes. Rudy, had a house on that lake and we fished mostly in the winter time when the stripers were schooled up chasing the small shad from the past years
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Jordan, November 6th~14th

Awarded by , 11-17-2006 at 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    The past couple weeks on Jordan Lake have produced some incredible striper fishing. The water temperature is still hovering around the 60 degree mark which is the ideal temperature for inland striped bass. The threadfin shad are migrating out of the creeks in search of warmer water found in the main lake.

I fish mostly with fresh shad on a traditional Carolina rig with a 2 oz. egg sinker, followed by a swivel and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Rod-Man Report November 16, 2006

Awarded by , 11-16-2006 at 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rick Bennett
    Rod-Man Report November 16, 2006:

Hi Folks,
    Fall fishing is great. This past week the redfish have been nothing short of amazing. One lucky customer landed and released 18 reds between 24" and 32". The speckled trout bite is on as well. In the weeks left this fall my reports will focus primarily on inshore/near shore fishing.

Now here's my report:
    Categories
    Uncategorized