NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 12-26-11 Fontana report

Awarded by , 12-27-2011 at 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
    12-26-11 Had a couple of hours this afternoon so started about 2:30 at Lemmons Br. Have been trolling and jigging lately so started off looking for fishable schools. After about an hour of looking and not finding decided to try something different. Went across from point 9 to some points and marked a few fish, but never more than one or two, so tried a fnf off the bank and then a crankbait with no luck. Switched to
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-26-11 fluke jr..jpg‎ 
Views:	138 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	34975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-26-11 Fontana spot.jpg‎ 
Views:	139 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	34976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-26-11 smallie.jpg‎ 
Views:	1178 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	34977  
  2. Ho HO HO! Sleigh-ed the Christmas reds and trout today 12/22/11 Pic Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Ho HO HO! Sleigh-ed the Xmas reds and trout today. The reds were 18-22" no big ones. The biggest trout were 3-3.5 pounds. All fish come on clear Storm shrimp, and various gulps on 1/8 Bluewater Candy heads, and some 1/8 Sea Strikers. Ran out of Bluewaters, left them on the kitchen table......30+ reds, 10-12 trout. All fish were in 12-18" or less. The pelican in the middle will tell
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing

Name:	003.jpg‎ 
Views:	1913 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	34906  
  3. Pre-Christmas Trout with Finstalker

Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    Another great day with finstalker and his local water, well half a day as he wasn't able to meet up until after lunch. Finstalker warned prior that the river ran really high and fast a week or so before, and a lot of the old holes were washed out. No worries, I wasn't expecting much. The main thing for me was to get out away from all the hub-bub here in Raleigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post

Got on the water
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  4. First Time On Lake Hickory In The Kayak

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    I went to Lake Hickory today to try fishing out of the kayak. I put in at the Oxford landing and paddled to the left and went down toward some docks. I'm totally unfamiliar with fishing Lake Hickory so it was a exploratory float checking out where it was shallow and where the deeper spots were, checking out laydowns and water depth trying to figure out what was the best thing to use. On my
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing
  5. Kerr Lake (Buggs Island) 12/17/2011 (kayaks)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffonc View Post
    I took Mark B up on his invitation to fish for stripers from kayaks on Kerr Lake today. My first trip to Kerr and I think first time ever fishing in Virginia. Hoorah for reciprocal license agreements!

I got a late start and launched at the Longwood ramp off Hwy 15 around 8:30am. Talked to FishMedic (?) and another angler (?? - ugh, names... I'm lousy at stopping and forcing myself to remember
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing

Name:	20111217-kerr-coverage_map.jpg‎ 
Views:	128 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	34834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20111217-kerr-3 (Medium).jpg‎ 
Views:	109 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	34835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20111217-kerr-2.jpg‎ 
Views:	104 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	34836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20111217-kerr-1.jpg‎ 
Views:	99 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	34837