NCangler.com - Recent Post Awards - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Recent Post Awards

A place to honor anglers who have passed away.

1. Bobby Keller - We Lost A Good One Today

Awarded by , 03-04-2018 at 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    I regret to inform everyone who knew him that Bobby Keller died this morning from cancer. I never would have met Bobby if it had not been for NCAngler and the Red X Angler Meet & Greets. In January of 2014 I was contacted by Bobby who saw that I was another Wilkesboro guy on NCAngler and he was interested in attending the Red X hot hole fishing event. I picked him up and we drove down together
    Categories
    In Memoriam
  2. Mike Becker (Topsail Angler) our community has lost a great man

Awarded by , 10-18-2017 at 11:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by NCangler View Post
    I am stunned to have just heard this news that Topsail Angler went home to be with the Lord yesterday. Mike was a strong man of faith and a great friend. We met here on NCangler.com over 11 years ago and became great friends. Mike served our online community as a moderator for several years.

Mike and I fished together just a few weeks ago. I don't know what to say. I know
    Categories
    In Memoriam
  3. We lost a good man...

Awarded by , 06-04-2016 at 04:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by NCangler View Post
    I learned yesterday that Kevin Dunphy (known on NCangler.com as Lefty) lost his battle with cancer on Thursday. Kevin served as a moderator on NCangler.com for several years and was a fishing friend of many on this website. He was also a great husband, father and servant in his local church. Kevin will be missed by his family and friends but he has left a legacy of faithful stewardship and
    Categories
    In Memoriam
  4. Catawba...a tribute.

Awarded by , 02-04-2016 at 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy waters View Post
    I an very saddened to release the news that Mike Byrne passed this am. It has been a very private matter up until this evening. And out of respect for the family I would like to ask we do not bombarded them with questions. There are folks in this community at are deeply effected by this loss. If you knew Mike you knew how much he meant to everyone. He will be missed and remembered fondly. He
    Categories
    In Memoriam