NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Kerr Lake - 3-29 & 3-30

Awarded by , 04-01-2013 at 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestewsbro View Post
    So Toba and myself hit Kerr Lake Friday morning, as we both had the day off. We took kayaks. It was cold and a bit windy, and with it being Good Friday, the lake was busy as well. We set off in a creek on the North side of the lake and quickly found fish...We caught a few short stripers on artificials, (sassy shads and stickbaits), then switched to large bass minnows on vertical carolina rigs, with 1
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. my buckhorne "hog"

Awarded by , 03-31-2013 at 09:16 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Pelt View Post
    after fishin friday and not havin a bite all day , decided i'd try them again saturday . about 1030 this beautiful hog decided she would "make my day " . took me over 50 years of fishin to finally catch a 10 lb. bass . yes she was returned to the water so she can have a bunch of beautiful babies !!! don't know who was more excited , me or her when she hit the water !!!
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00353.jpg‎ 
Views:	1322 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	49967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00352.jpg‎ 
Views:	138 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	49968  
  3. 3/26/13 Redfish and flounder

Awarded by , 03-27-2013 at 06:41 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Hit the water hard today with a trip. It was windy and cold. We started off sightcasting to reds, but they were a little sluggish, and it was tough in all the wind. We saw tons of reds today push and scatter. Wound up catching 14-15 reds total for the day. The one in the pic is 26 3/4, the biggest red of the day. We also caught a couple flounder. All of our fish come on various Texas Tackle Factory baits with Procure.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  4. Gaston Lake - 3-23-13

Awarded by , 03-26-2013 at 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestewsbro View Post
    My father recently retired to his new place at Gaston Lake, and has never caught a striper. He fished exclusively at Harris Lake for over a decade on his pontoon boat. He had a serious health scare at 65 when he retired, and is lucky to still be around. Now, at 66, I decided it was time to get him on a striper, and let him know what he has in that lake he now lives on.

We made plans to fish Saturday,
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striperpic.jpg‎ 
Views:	1098 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	49808  
  5. Bass report, Saturday, 3/23/2013

Awarded by , 03-25-2013 at 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    Not a great forecast, but thought Saturday would be my last chance to bass fish for a couple of weeks. Got a late start -- launched around 8am. Overcast conditions, water was 52 degrees on the surface at beginning of day, and had inched up to 53 by late afternoon. Hoped I could find some fish deep, so started working some known good spots with a DT Metal 20 and a drop-shot rig w/wacky rigged 4" Yum Dinger
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing