NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Daughter's First Fish

Awarded by , 04-19-2014 at 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    I now have 3 kids. Boy, girl, girl. Our newest is 7 weeks old, and my older daughter turns 3 in a few weeks. This afternoon I had the two oldest munchkins while Mom could get away with the baby and her mother. I chose to take them bank fishing at a friend's pond. This is the same location of my son's first trip a few years ago.

We started things off with a quick strategic nap on the
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Smith River 4-14-14

Awarded by , 04-17-2014 at 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by al k View Post
    Deer hunting is my passion so it has been awhile since I did any serious fishing. With urban archery season behind us I have no excuse - well maybe a little excuse because I'm now scouting for next season and moving stands. Deer hunting for me never really ends. Anyway the generation schedule did not kick in until late afternoon this past Monday so I hit a section of the Smith River.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  3. The bad weather lake

Awarded by , 04-16-2014 at 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boorn2b View Post
    I think W Kerr Scott reservoir is a bad weather lake. This morning was windy, rainy and kinda cool. We hit it anyway in my daughters boyfriends boat. Best day on the lake in two years. We caught upwards of 30 fish on spinner baits and crankbaits , bass were chasing shad everywhere we went. we fished from 7am to 11:30am , hated to leave but Quinton had to go to work. My best two days so far this yr
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kerrbass.jpg‎ 
Views:	886 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	60845  
  4. Suffrage and lost a big one

Awarded by , 04-15-2014 at 07:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by catmaster View Post
    well, I went to Sharon Harris as planned. I knew it was going to rain and it sure did...I got rained on pretty good and then I lost about an 8 pounder.it came halfway out of the water...now I'm haunted again.. saw some deer...all in all it was a lot of suffrage... but, a lot of fun...
    picture number 4... if you look closely you can see a small juvenile whitetail...literally hightailing it or white
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4140026.jpg‎ 
Views:	679 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	60836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4140033.jpg‎ 
Views:	114 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	60837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4140031.jpg‎ 
Views:	115 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	60838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4140018.jpg‎ 
Views:	121 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	60839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4140048.jpg‎ 
Views:	120 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	60840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4140051.jpg‎ 
Views:	109 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	60841  
  5. 3rd Annual Kerr Scott Reservoir Red X Angler Meet & Greet

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    Well I'm going to post some photos from Fridays event before heading back over to the lake. Boorn2b and I hit the spillway Friday morning as some tentative plans to meet some others at the spillway fell through we decided to just make the run ourselves. Bobby (Boorn2b) caught a nice 16" largemouth very early on at the first bridge not 15 minutes into the float.

Categories
    Uncategorized