NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Lake Tillery

Awarded by , 04-13-2014 at 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjosterh View Post
    Fished Lake Tillery this morning from 6:30 to 12! It was a tough day, water temps were 56 at 7am. The day started off with running a square bill across a flat and this produced the first fish of the morning, a big ole flathead. Never had a bite again till about 10:30. We pulled up on a secondary point and caught a 12" next few cast caught out first keeper. Worked that point for about 30 more min and caught another keeper. Finally
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Cuda officially slimed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I finally got a chance to wet the whip this morning!
    Ive been really avoiding the yak for some reason..Ive never been on one and I didn't know what to expect!
    So Ive been putting it off..but today I had to go! haha
    You see yesterday I lost my Piranha swim jig from the bank and today I needed the yak "that Ive been avoiding"
    to retrieve my snagged lure which I did very easily
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigdawgcuda.jpg‎ 
Views:	679 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	60654  
  3. Not Your Average Bass

Awarded by , 04-11-2014 at 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev2380 View Post
    My buddy ran into this fish while hunting white bass. Caught with a sz4 clouser on a 7wt fly rod. Who says you can't catch big fish with flies? The fish was over 10lbs.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  4. Bream Buster Gills and Shellcrackers, Bass on the Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hobbs View Post
    Kept watching the weather man talk about rain, just my luck on my days off. Since they called for it last week and no rain, decided to hit my local pond with bream busters, crickets and the flyrod. Got to the pond and grabbed the 5 wt. flyrod with a AP Diver, a foam topwater diving fly. Started casting the weedlines and bass were more than willing to cooperate. I caught multiple on the fly, always great when you can
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Great Sunday fishing and first for me

Quote Originally Posted by crappie89 View Post
    Went down to Goldsboro today to visit my grandparents and try and get a little fishing in. Ended up hitting the water around 1 only to have a nice stiff N wind blowing right in my face. This made it harder to fish with weightless plastics like I usually do so I started with a red eye shad (thanks Spidey) After a few casts I land a bass much to my pop's chagrin. Ended up putting the waders
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140406_141513.jpg‎ 
Views:	160 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	60482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1396821864488.jpg‎ 
Views:	155 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	60483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140406_135538.jpg‎ 
Views:	156 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	60484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140406_135858.jpg‎ 
Views:	167 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	60485