NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 2 More Hawgs and a dink

Awarded by , 03-12-2014 at 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing_RN View Post
    Thanks for the comments on my last report. I went back to the well 2 more days since the weather was nice. I picked up two more big bass and a dink. I think I got my fix to get me through a couple of weeks without hitting the water. Thanks for looking.

John
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0831.jpg‎ 
Views:	946 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	59610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0835.jpg‎ 
Views:	124 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	59611   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0837.jpg‎ 
Views:	126 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	59612  
  2. Big blue on Kerr 3-8-14

Awarded by , 03-09-2014 at 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestewsbro View Post
    Did some blade baiting on Kerr this morning. Me bro and Bob got on the water about 8. We all slow drifted big bass minnows for a few hours with a few runs and lost fish. Then we started jigging and picking up fish. Caught 4 species and left at 2 today. Posting on the drive home. Joeys driving lol. Caught the big guy which was at least 35 to 40 lbs on a 7' med heavy rod with 20lb power pro tipped with. 15lb seaugar
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing

Name:	kerr_blue.jpg‎ 
Views:	1719 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	59498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	165 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	59497  
  3. Cold Day on Belews - Mar 6th

Awarded by , 03-07-2014 at 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by threeoh8holes View Post
    See one other boat on the water made me feel a little better about deciding to face the weather. The wind was awful. First time I have ever run my trolling motor batteries down to about 5%. That was from just trying to get more than one cast to an area.

Had a pretty good day. 6 fish total: 5 - 1 lbers and this 3.5#-er. He hit a C-rigged - Gr Pumpkin Ol Monster. The others were caught on a t-rig speedcraw
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	CIMG2898.jpg‎ 
Views:	1326 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	59421  
  4. First of the Worst, Best of the Last!

Awarded by , 03-04-2014 at 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by broncotwisterjim View Post
    So, there's a little stretch of DH water that I've wanted to try and the opportunity presented itself on Sunday. Now Sunday fell on March 2. That's the March 2 that falls just before March 3. March 3 is the first stocking of the DH water since last fall. So, I think most would say it was about the worst time I could have picked for my first trip there. You know the story.......... it's been fished out, washed
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  5. 1st Shad of the year for FishinCary and Myself

Awarded by , 03-03-2014 at 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack in N.C. View Post
    FishinCary and myself decided to go and TRY to get our first shad of the year. We decided against the Neuse since it was too high for our liking so I talked him into hitting a section of the Tar that neither one of us had been on. I have caught shad in Rocky Mount but this was a few miles down. The fishing was slow for us today but we did put a few in the boat today. Almost all except 1 hit white curly tails with
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing