NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. It Just Takes One Fish ...

Awarded by , 02-24-2014 at 08:41 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    To end a skunk, to start a streak, to make your day, to make you come back again.

I got my honey dos done, took the kids out for the puttputt, and got the afternoon to myself on a small piedmont flow.

Water was stained (~12" visibility), 50 F, and moving pretty fast. I worked my way upstream with a jig and cordell spot, not so much as a sniff on either. I was starting
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishwhispererbass.jpg‎ 
Views:	1113 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	59175  
  2. Belew Bird Day - Belews Saturday 2/22

Awarded by , 02-23-2014 at 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Beautiful day, nice mild temps. Can't stay indoors! As usual, I got up with the 19month old so my wife could sleep in, and then hit the road about 915 for a 1015 start. I was supposed to meet up with Andrew today, but he unfortunately was forced to cancel last minute, which was a bummer since I have not been able to fish with him yet.

It was post-front bluebird conditions, but as for comfort, the
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  3. Rockfish

Awarded by , 02-21-2014 at 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ecufisherman View Post
    Found em in 4-8 feet of water in the river today. All caught casting x raps and smithwick rattlin rogues. Had to work through quite a few 15-16 inch fish to find keepers.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rockfish19.jpg‎ 
Views:	1164 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	59090  
  4. Gills Without Chills

Awarded by , 02-19-2014 at 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    Mack called me last night asking if I could fish ... on a Wednesday.

The more I thought about it, I realized Mack had a great idea. He wanted to fish after lunch, which worked well for me. However, his preferred locale would have resulted in >3 hrs of driving for <3 hrs of fishing.

After a Jr Charburger & Fries downtown, I called Mack to inform him we wouldn't
    Categories
  5. Rockin' from the kayak...

Awarded by , 02-19-2014 at 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish_hunter View Post
    I hit my favorite spot for striped bass today with little hope to catch a few early running rock... I fished for about 3 hours and quit fishing after I hit 30 striped bass. sizes ranging from 15" to just under 21". unfortunately none were big enough to log on kayak wars but i still had a blast...

All fish we're caught on 1/8th jig heads and curly tail grubs and released to fight another day..
    Categories