NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Belews - Feb 17th

Awarded by , 02-18-2014 at 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by threeoh8holes View Post
    Had a good day on the water. Air temp was a little cool, but the water temp stayed around 58-60 all day. Hit a few main lake points and rocky areas, but did not find anything, not even a hit.

I did find a 3 #er on a laydown, while moving from one spot to another. (Fish_Fiend, I got my shallow water fix for the day) He hit it in about 2-4 fow. It was on a T-rigged black curly tailed worm. The 2nd one
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2879.jpg‎ 
Views:	60 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	59002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2876.jpg‎ 
Views:	758 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	59003  
  2. Southport Reds - Pretty day + pretty fish

Awarded by , 02-17-2014 at 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clalmond View Post
    Decided to try Southport today and put in at the wildlife landing on Fish Factory Rd as the tide was falling. About 3/4 way through the falling tide I hooked into this 26" red also a 20" one. Caught the larger one on a 4" white Gulp shrimp and the smaller one on a piece of FB bloodworm while I was trying to catch some Black Drum. Did not catch any Black's although I did run a school of them off an oyster
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Happy Valentine!

Awarded by , 02-14-2014 at 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
    Thought I would share some pictures I took the last two days, the second one is one my favorite close ups this year. Yesterday between rain and snow showers I even had a brief rainbow in my back yard. This first one I took on my birthday in December,
    "Valentine Eagles"! Don't forget the ones you love today.

Categories
    General Info
  4. cold water at harris

Awarded by , 02-11-2014 at 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bassaholic1 View Post
    Water was 39-43 degrees and what we saw on the depth finder a few weeks ago was not there didn't see a lot at all deep... still was hard headed and tried to find something deep but all it led to was a few crappie and. a ton of small white perch... should have kept doing what I did yo catch this nice girl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140209_192833.jpg 
Views:	1479 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	58859 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140209_160341_331.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	58860
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. Mo' Better Belews Friday and Sunday 2-7 and 2-9

Awarded by , 02-10-2014 at 10:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    My wife was gracious enough to offer to keep our toddler for two days this week so that I could fish. As a trade, I let her sleep in both days and got started late morning Friday and again Sunday.

Fished Friday with Jim joining me about mid day, and it was a bit tougher than it had been previously. Caught 3 in the last 1/3 of the day; I had one on Texas rig from a laydown (this shocked no one) and
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing