NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Fish I Catch, The Things I See

Awarded by , 07-30-2015 at 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
    Today I took one of my Jet Skis out in the Chesapeake Bay and ran around looking for Cobia, I found this one hiding under a Sea Turtle!
    He ate a live eel I tossed at him, it was a blast, 15 minutes and several laps around my jet later I had him in the net and on my ski. Gave him a 50 mph ride back to my dock.

Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. My First Doormat!

Awarded by , 07-28-2015 at 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampin' View Post
    Basswrangler had to cancel on our trip last minute so I ended up hitting topsail solo this am. I fished the new river inlet on foot for four or five hours and got nothing but a few short flounder and sea bass. I did see a rat red but it wouldn't give me any attention.

I was throwing the new 6" gulp shrimp when I landed this monster! Just kidding regular old 3" and a regular old shorty.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Monster trout

Awarded by , 07-27-2015 at 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestew View Post
    I made it down to the beach this weekend to fish the Hook Line & Paddle TJM tourney down in Wilmington. Fishing was good Friday & Saturday. Caught some nice drum and flounder and one monster trout. Got lucky enough to win the Grand Slam prize on Saturday with a 70.25" slam (Trout 27.5, Flounder 20.75, & Red 22).

Bout had a heart attack when I saw that trout come
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. Spanish Mackerel Report

Awarded by , 07-24-2015 at 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwall1988 View Post
    Finally had some luck at the pier. Caught a 4.10 on Saturday and a 5.12 on Sunday! It was nice catching fish with fellow club members. Thanks to anybody that helped get these fish in, it's always a group effort at the pier. Had a ball!!!!

Tight lines
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	1551 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	73064   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	61 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	73065   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	58 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	73066   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	69 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	73067   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	61 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	73068  
  5. Do you speak spanish, Mackerel?

Awarded by , 07-21-2015 at 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by captgordon View Post

Got a bunch of these tossing small streamers on sinking line over a wreck, 6 wt rod. This one almost got nabbed by a pretty large shark at boatside. Good idea to keep your hands out of the water sometimes. Also got a couple small jacks. Small bluefish. Saw huge sand tiger breaching completely out of the water to gulp air. So that was wild. No big boys came up to play on the big popper I was casting with the 12 weight.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing