NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Day on the Pungo

Awarded by , 04-15-2017 at 09:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by zmanecu68 View Post
    Went down to the Pungo on Wednesday had a decent day. Caught several fish Rock and Trout. Brought home 3 Trout 18, 19 & 21". Lost another big keeper at the side of the boat when the line broke at the zman shrimp. Caught everything on popping cork. Had to throw back a 25" 8lb Rock.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. French Broad Smallies

Awarded by , 04-14-2017 at 10:35 AM

Quote Originally Posted by footballcoach23 View Post
    I have spent the last couple of evenings fishing the French Broad around Bent Creek. The water clarity hasn't been great but it has improved substantially from earlier in the week. There is a decent amount of water flowing through there right now but it's manageable to wade the parts of the river I've been fishing in. I've had hookups on senkos, inline spinners, and safety pin spinners. Here are
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. North of the Border

Awarded by , 04-13-2017 at 09:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crabman00 View Post
    Back to Philpott in VA today with my son. Fishing was tough but we were able to manage a couple short Walleyes and a few bass. Bass were plump and appeared to be full of eggs. About time for the spawn I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Offshore Sunday 4/9/17

Awarded by , 04-11-2017 at 10:09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by porcha View Post
    Finally had a nice weather window on a weekend day and I was fortunate enough to tag along on Daniel's charter for capt Mike Jackson. Topwater blackfin was the plan and it did not disappoint.

We all arrived early and loaded no less than $15,000 worth of gear aboard. We broke the inlet by 5:28am and were met with calm seas. Capt pushes his 31' Contender to 36kts and headed
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  5. Big Carp Smackdown

Awarded by , 04-09-2017 at 10:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mack in N.C. View Post
    Went Carpin yesterday after work. Caught 10~ carp and 4 or 5 channel cats. Good day with a few big ones.

Bait- Sweetcorn with secret packbait on weight.
    Reels used- 2 shimano 3500 Baitrunners , 1 on 8' ugly stik and the other on 7 ft Ugly Stik Tiger- Daiwa Millionaire II 5000M on Abu 7' rod
    Line 16lb Momoi

The outing started slow but once they started coming in it
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	North Carolina Carp 3758.jpg‎ 
Views:	647 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	137186