NCangler.com - Inshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Inshore Fishing

1. Freckled fish column and a catching report

Freckled fish. I heard that term said one day almost in a whisper by an angler answering his wifeís inquiry about what was in his cooler. freckled fish. That is code for Speckled Sea Trout. Or around these parts we just say Specks.

Speck fishermen are some of the most secretive anglers I know. Oh donít get me wrong, they will tell you exactly how they caught the fish, what bait they used, what tackle was used, what technique was employed. But try to learn the location of the catch ...
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. Flounder Tips II & Topsail fishing report

This column is the second of a two-part series containing some of my favorite tips for catching flounder. I published this article last year and it is back by popular demand.

As I mentioned last week, there are probably as many thoughts on how to fish for flounder as there are fisherman. In this column, Iíve been sharing some of my favorite techniques -- but there are many others.

Flounder are not picky eaters -- if it looks appealing they will eat it. Fishing with live ...
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Flounder Tips & a catching report

This column is the first of a two-part series containing some of my favorite tips for catching flounder. I published this article last year and it is back by popular demand.

Flounder are one of my favorite inshore fish -- they are fun to catch and they taste great! However, catching them with any consistency takes practice and patience.

There are probably as many thoughts on how to fish for flounder as there are fishermen, but Iíll be sharing some of my favorite techniques ...
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing