NCangler.com - Freshwater Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Freshwater Fishing

1. a little catfishing

Awarded by , 01-27-2012 at 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Took off to Blewit Falls this morning for a little catfishing with Zach and my friend Mike Taylor. Water was dingy and 48 when we got on. Not too much of a problem catching bait and fished water from 40 feet deep up to 4 foot deep in several different places and never got on em good today. Ended the day with 6 in the boat from 2lbs to 6 1/2lbs. Winds picked up a bit by the time we left at 2pm and the temps climbed to 68!! Talked to a guy who
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Largest Bass I've ever caught

Quote Originally Posted by boredgunny View Post
    9 lbs., 10 oz Largemouth Bass...caught at a mill pond near Jacksonville...Caught it on a 6" Swim Bait.......caught today, 24 Jan 2012.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  3. More Harris Hawgs, 1/23

Awarded by , 01-24-2012 at 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 69boo307 View Post
    Took a vacation day today, and as they say a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. I wonder what that makes a good day fishing?
    My original plan was to go to the coast and do some inshore fishing from the yak, and get my year pass for Ft. Fisher. Due to the weather though I decided to stay local, and hit Harris. It was in the 40's and cloudy/drizzly, and I was
    Tags: bass, harris lake
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. Harris DRAG BURNERS! update 1/21/12

Awarded by , 01-22-2012 at 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by senkomaster View Post
    Just keeps getting better this winter!!! More dd22 trolling on the upper portion. Water temp was 49ish, wind was pretty hefty and wave were big as usual! Had the reggae blasting and the fish wuz bitin mon! we each caught a 7lber and 4.5, couple 2-3lbers, 2 channel cats, and a white bass. All were caught on norman dd22. I think heath's fish takes the cake for today though. what a fight, I thought his rod was going
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. Jordan 1-20-12

Awarded by , 01-21-2012 at 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Finally made it out for our first trip of 2012. What few days I've had off so far this year the wind has been horrible so with the winds low and my buddy Doug planning to take his wife and daughter out I took a day off and me and Zach headed down. I was expecting a great day with the winds being up like they have and most "regulars" seeming to be fishing at Harris. Got to the lake at 8am and the air temp was about 33 this morning
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing