NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Cold Water Stripers

Awarded by , 02-01-2014 at 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AHODGES21 View Post
    Rabbit and myself took a road trip up to Plymouth Monday to give the stripers a try. It was my first trip to the Cashie and it is a beautiful river. We found our way to the mouth near the Albermarle sound and came up on Curtis and Chick. I saw the blue Carolina hat a mile away. We eased over to say good morning just in time to watch Chick pull in his first fish of the day. I made my first cast and hit one on the
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Slowwww day on the roanoke

Awarded by , 01-28-2014 at 06:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Pelt View Post
    With the water temp at 35 today it made for a very slow day for chick and me . We only were able to find 4 rock that wanted our gulp jerk shads all morning . We left at 12 noon lookin for hot coffee !!!. Andy hodges and robert naylor (rabbit ) met us on the water and they to were not finding any fish . They were staying a while longer and i hope they started biting for them as it was a 2 1/2 hour drive for
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01519.jpg‎ 
Views:	1904 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	58559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01520.jpg‎ 
Views:	119 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	58560  
  3. Just gotta love these warmER days for bass fishing!

Awarded by , 01-28-2014 at 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaCoastFishing View Post
    This warmER weather makes fishing so much better! I spent a couple of hours bass fishing at a pond in Apex. Caught 2, missed 1. Pretty productive day for the Winter. The pictures are of the first bass that I caught.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	GOPR9734.jpg‎ 
Views:	272 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	58558  
  4. ice ice everywhere

Awarded by , 01-27-2014 at 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarks transplant View Post
    ice makes things challenging, doesn't it? went up to the mitchell river today. the lower section by the dam is completely covered bank-to-bank for a few hundred yards upriver. most of the upper sections are fishable, though there are a few strategic stretches of ice that complicate some of the nicer pools. caught four or five spunky rainbows in the swifter waters, but really had to work for 'em. then, went up to the
    Categories
    Fly Fishing

Name:	photo 2.jpg‎ 
Views:	1127 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	58514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg‎ 
Views:	138 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	58515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg‎ 
Views:	136 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	58516  
  5. Carolina vs. Alabama.....The Battle of the Rigs!

Awarded by , 01-22-2014 at 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by broncotwisterjim View Post
    After catching the majority of my bass lately on cranks, I decided to put down the cranking sticks for the day and try to make it happen in two completely different ways.

I commented recently on this site that I have not yet become a big A-rig fan. I joined the game late, not buying one until the fall of 2012 and then really not fishing it very often. I tried it a few times with no luck, so back
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing