NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Personal Best Striper - Happy New Year!

Awarded by , 01-01-2014 at 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsdlc View Post
    Fished Norman today. I must say I am really starting to like the lake. It truly scared me for years after moving down here from MI but it really isn't that big of a deal. Before last summer I always stuck to smaller water but the big water has treated me well.

Most fish were caught in 20-30' of water with the fish being suspended at about 15-20'. The first few were taken in 40-50'
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. New River last few days! Highs and low's

Awarded by , 12-31-2013 at 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbguy420 View Post
    Hey all! Been having an interesting few days on NR... Last week got into the slot drum very well in the lower river. Day before the rain we threw everything and the water was crystal clear even way up river but no fish except a bunch if teeny flatties.... Today we did well but were surprised at the conditions. Weather seemed great but the water is pretty dirty from the storm... Got into the just underslot drum nice in lower river
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Lake Lynn 12-26-2013

Awarded by , 12-27-2013 at 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey View Post
    I started off at another lake today in search of some crappie since the last three weeks I have been getting some very nice sized ones on cranks and last one on a senko. Spent an hour and a half trying artificial crappie plastics to no avail. I than headed to Umstead trying for bass and so many people kept coming buy and getting in my way I decided time to go to Lynn to my good spot of late.

Decided
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg‎ 
Views:	129 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	57833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0350.jpg‎ 
Views:	130 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	57834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0351.jpg‎ 
Views:	124 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	57835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0352.jpg‎ 
Views:	1802 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	57836  
  4. A carp?! Another present from Santa....

Awarded by , 12-26-2013 at 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Abert43 View Post
    First off, Merry Christmas to everyone on here! Hope you all are having a great day. I went out today for a hour or two with anortnc7 for the always fun Christmas bass...We went to a local honey hole and I got 2 little bass quickly. We were working our way around the bank and I had a huge hit....and then it just took off. Immediately I thought I had a huge bass and was yelling at anort to run over but then I realized
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. tough bite-new river 12-22 12-23

Awarded by , 12-25-2013 at 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bassaholic1 View Post
    Went back down to hopefully slime my new hobie pro angler 14 - .. hgeezy tagged along it was a tough bite don't know if the warm weather had them messed up or what the 1st day I managed 3 second day I missed a couple caught 2 and geezy caught 2 cousin caught 1... still was unbelievable weather shorts and t shirt I'm December! And man was the pro angler unbelievable as well! Merry Christmas!

Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing