NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. new river trout pt 2

Awarded by , 12-17-2013 at 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bassaholic1 View Post
    What a beautiful December day it was! And the fish were where we left them, biting better and a little better size.. already had our limits and caught a couple more we wish we could have traded for the 2 smaller fish! All halo shad fished deep and slowwwwwwww..... 6 fish right at just a hair over and just under 22 inches!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131216_191710_318.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	57608 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131216_095725.jpg 
Views:	796 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	57609 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG950088.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	57610
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. Rainbow Run

Awarded by , 12-12-2013 at 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by driver View Post
    We braved the rain and cold this weekend to go after some big bows. For whatever reason the a lot of bows in wnc decide to spawn once the first cold spell sets in. So we decided to hit some spots where we know big wild bows run this time of year. Needless to say we found them. Some spawned out some full of eggs, fish on redds, males with kype jaw. I thought it was going to be a bad day when one of my rods broke in
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
  3. Winter Pond Fishing!

Awarded by , 12-11-2013 at 01:40 AM
    5lb 1oz bass

Quote Originally Posted by Abert43 View Post
    Wow its has been a while since I have had anything worthy to post on here but it certainly has been fun watching all of you continue to catch and catch fish! First semester at college, playing college football, and my studies have taken up the past 4 months of mine. I haven't even caught a bass over 3lbs since August Finally this changed today....I am home for my break for Christmas
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  4. 12-7-13 Fontana Report

Awarded by , 12-10-2013 at 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
    12-7-13 Fontana Had the pleasure of taking three fine young men to Fontana for the inaugural fishing trip of the Black Mt. Children's Home Fishing Club. Staffer Caleb brought Mike and Johnny on a day that would have been much better suited to watching fishing shows, but you can't get em on the couch, so they braved falling temps, wind and a cold front passage. We marked fish in several places and used artificials mainly
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-7-13 Mike and Johnny  bmh fishing club.jpg‎ 
Views:	679 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	57363  
  5. Citation Specks and Hordes of redfish 12/07/13 pic heavy

Awarded by , 12-09-2013 at 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Here is some recent pics and a report. Yesterday we had over 30 reds and trout, the day before over 40. Some days we have spent the whole day sightcasting to 1000's of reds in the shallows, that always gets my blood pumping. The reds have been running from 16-31" just depending on the school and location. The trout bite has been pretty good most days also, and we have been catching some studs here and there.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing