NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Memorial Day Cobia

Awarded by , 05-28-2013 at 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger22 View Post
    I would like to start by saying thank you to all of the men who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we all enjoy. Now on to the fish....I headed back out today in search of a Cobia. I started off by tossing a bucktail into a bait ball in front of Shack. After determining there weren't any Cobia on it I tossed my net into the bait ball and gathered 2-300 live menhaden. I tossed half of the back and put the others in the
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. W Kerr Scott Reservoir 5/25 It Was A Good Day!

Awarded by , 05-25-2013 at 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    Hit W Kerr Scott early this morning since the New River Float was cancelled due to the river being high, fast & dirty. This was just one of those days that happen once in awhile when the stars align and everything just seems to go right. Caught over 20 fish, maybe 7 between 2 to 3 lbs and 1 at 6 lbs. A bunch of 1 lbers, a bluegill and a small hybrid.

The 6 lber came out of the
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. Flathead

Awarded by , 05-25-2013 at 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yadkincanoer View Post
    Hi everyone, I finally had a chance to go on a fishing trip last Saturday. A couple friends and I floated the Yadkin below Highway 64. We caught some channel cats and I caught one flathead that was about 20 pounds. My friend lost a flathead right at the boat that was close to the same size. It was great to finally get out and fish this year!

Alan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1981_zps891b2eb0.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	51999 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1983_zps8e6754cc.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	52000
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. What A Week!!

Awarded by , 05-24-2013 at 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Abert43 View Post
    What a week of bass fishing... Just this week alone I have caught over 25 bass, broke my record for bass in a year (152 now), and caught a 5lb 13oz, a 2lb 14oz and a 7lb HAWG tonight!! Words cannot describe how excited I was to land this beauty. She hit and took off with my wacky rigged senko and as soon as she jumped the first time I knew it was a giant. 7lb 0oz and 23'' of pure bass. Hopefully this success will
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. Badin Cats 5-21-13

Awarded by , 05-21-2013 at 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    My buddy Mike couldn't go today, so me and Zach took Maggie Mae for a little pre-birthday fishing trip. She turns 9 years old tomorrow. I told her we could fish for anything she wanted to from trout to crappie to stripers to cats and she said she wanted to go catfishing. Got to the lake about 6am and caught enough bait for a day of fishing easy enough. Ran up the river and set up in our first hole. Took a bit, but finally got Maggie on her
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing