NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Who needs smallies anyway...Jordan 12/16

Awarded by , 12-17-2012 at 12:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    Thursday I set out for Claytor Lake in Virginia in search of my first smallmouth bass. Claytor is a clear mountain lake. I fish hard until dark Thursday and ended up with 3 largemouth and a spot throwing cranks and a shakyhead. Baitfish are virtually nonexistant on this lake tough day on a tough lake. That night I was looking at Facebook on my phone and a buddy recommended Philpott Lake for smallies,
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Lake Wylie Monster!

Awarded by , 12-11-2012 at 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by frogfish View Post
    I have always been fascinated by buffalo. Seeing all these pictures of these giant, awesome-looking fish on a carp fishing forum that are supposedly harder to catch than commons made me insanely jealous. So with the fall season winding down, I decided to finally stop sitting around and put together a buff trip. After all, one of the best buffalo lakes in the nation, Lake Wylie, is only 1.5 hours away
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  3. Tillery cats 12-7-12

Awarded by , 12-10-2012 at 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    With the forcast being 59 and partly sunny (LOL WRONG) Zach, Mike and I took off to Tillery to chase some cats. Chris had helped me with a map of tillery a few weeks ago to know what the names of some of the lakes areas are . . . Thanks! We had Emily in tow today as well. Got on the lake at daylight and had a horrible time catching bait. As we are still learning the lake, we looked for bait from the 24/27 boat ramp all the way up to the dam.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  4. What a weekend it was

Awarded by , 12-06-2012 at 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Breeze19 View Post
    Looking at the forecast for last weekend it was a no brainer to plan a overnite trip somewhere. So we decided to hit some of my old spots from many years ago. Booked a room in Manteo for Saturday night.

Well we hit the road about 4:30 sat. morning and the fog was not too bad. But before we got to Jamesville two deer almost ended our trip early. We managed to duck them & continued on to Plymouth. There
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0131.jpg‎ 
Views:	208 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	47296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0159.jpg‎ 
Views:	212 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	47297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0160.jpg‎ 
Views:	2156 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	47298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0155.jpg‎ 
Views:	187 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	47299  
  5. Winter Riverbassin'

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    My calendar was clear this morning as so was the local flow. I had a hunch that the conditions would be exceptional. I was right.

Launched at 8 am with ~55 F ambient and 50 F water temp with cloudy skies. Water was a little dark, but clear and low. Started trolling an x-rap and tossing a rattletrap. Within the first 30 min, I landed one dink, then got a double.
    Categories
    Uncategorized