NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. the TackleMonkey.com booth

Awarded by , 01-09-2009 at 02:13 PM

Well the 2009 Raleigh Bass and Saltwater Fishing Expo is history now. I want to thank all our members who stopped by and said hello. We took pictures of as many as we could, but I'm sure we missed a few folks in the process. I'll be posting some photos of members later today who stopped by the booth. Thank you all for your support.

We sold a lot of products including NCangler.com t-shirts and hats ...
    Categories
    General Info
  2. It's Striper time

Awarded by , 01-04-2009 at 10:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
    I hope everyone had a happy holidays and ate too much food. If I didnít get out and fish I would be big as a house. The Striper fishing over the past few weeks has been really good except for the long and some days, bumpy ride. Most of the fish that we have been catching are up the beach 40 to 50 miles off Corolla. They have been small as 10 lbs and over 35lbs , but plenty of fish. We have caught them casting and trolling, but I prefer jigging.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Kayak Striper Quest - Jordan Lake: Mission Accomplished!

Mission: Catch a freshwater striper from the kayak at Jordan lake.

I've been after Jordan stripers with nothing but shattered hopes to show for my efforts over the last 2 years. Its not quite an obsession, and only represents a half dozen trips, but it has been a nagging hole in my kayak fishing resume.

With the perfect ...
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. Jordan Lake Striper Trip - December 2008

Awarded by , 12-19-2008 at 04:37 AM
    My good friend Mike Becker (Topsail Angler) was in town last Thursday to help me with moving some product display furniture. We took advantage of the opportunity on Friday, December 19th to do some Striped Bass fishing on Jordan Lake with Capt. Troy Roberson of Striper-Sniper Adventures. I've fished with Capt. Troy several times and it is always a pleasure to do so. We were joined this day by new NCangler.com member KST&BLST. ...
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. Cool Day on the Smith - 4 Dec 08

Awarded by , 12-05-2008 at 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by al k
    Was at my "get away" cabin in Bassett in preparation for the Smith River TU meeting on Dec 4, 2008. I had planed to combine the meeting with a little deer hunting which is a sane sport this time of the year because you can bundle up appropriately and even bring a thermos of coffee along to warm the innards. The day was cool and overcast. Perfect conditions for an afternoon deer hunt. I had seen a "shooter buck" that morning and wondered if he would reappear that evening in the
    Categories
    Uncategorized