NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Mayo 2/20/16

Awarded by , 02-29-2016 at 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach3grs View Post
    Overall nice day at the lake, not too crowded and not too cold. Got worn out by the wind on the first spot but moved into a nice protected pocket to lay the hammer to them. First fish my buddy caught was a nice 4# fish. Then he laid into another 4# fish not 30 minutes later right across on the other side of the pocket. I finally caught my first fish 3 or 4 casts after that. All three of the big girls we caught had really
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Quality February Smallmouth Bassin'!!!

Awarded by , 02-21-2016 at 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    I found myself with a few hours of free-time this afternoon, so naturally, I shot my brother a text and told him I was planning to do some fishing and to further investigate some tactics I had conjured up lately. It paid off!

Upon arriving at the river I unloaded my trusty Pflueger spinning-outfit and began to fill the open-faced reel with new line. It was my first time using Suffix, I
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  3. Cold day rockfish

Awarded by , 02-13-2016 at 10:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I woke up on Friday with a mission, hoping not to freeze to death. Hit the Pamlico Friday in hopes of finding some fish that were hungry. It started off real slow. The water was a stained 36 degrees when I started and ended the day around 11:30 am at 39 degrees with my limit. I even beat the storm home. I hope everyone survives this cold spell; especially the trout.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	2941 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	80289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	120 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	80297  
  4. Catawba...a tribute.

Awarded by , 02-04-2016 at 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy waters View Post
    I an very saddened to release the news that Mike Byrne passed this am. It has been a very private matter up until this evening. And out of respect for the family I would like to ask we do not bombarded them with questions. There are folks in this community at are deeply effected by this loss. If you knew Mike you knew how much he meant to everyone. He will be missed and remembered fondly. He
    Categories
    In Memoriam
  5. Roanoke/Pamlico Report 1/31

Awarded by , 02-03-2016 at 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by j.edwards View Post
    Went out Sunday morning with the intention of duplicating our success from the last Roanoke trip. Unfortunately, the fish had other ideas. Fished from 8 til 11 and managed only 3 fish. Decided that since the day was so nice that we would head south to the Pamlico before heading home. Put in on the north side of the river just east of Washington. We were greeted by winds and a decent chop. Worked the area around the
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160131_085644.jpg‎ 
Views:	713 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	78497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160131_150006.jpg‎ 
Views:	50 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	78505