NCangler.com - Offshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Offshore Fishing

1. Cobia is what's for dinner

The marine forecast took a turn for the better today so Gery and I decided to do some king fishing. We had passed on entering the Wild King Classic at Wrightsville Beach cause the forecast seemed a little iffy yesterday morning for a 19' boat. But this is the Saturday for my fishing club's monthly inner-club tournament so we fished in it.

Finding bait was no easy task, at least not decent ...
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  2. Another First for my Daughter - posted by Hunter's Haven

Awarded by , 07-07-2010 at 09:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter's Haven View Post
    My oldest daughter, Brittany, had the day off of work so we took advantage of the opportunity to spend the day together and do some fishing. She really wanted a Mahi, one big enough to top her sisters so we headed out Riche's Inlet around 7:00 this morning to make a run 15 miles out. Started out at AR 366 along with a couple other boats but didn't find any action. Started over toward the 368
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  3. Christina's First Mahi (By Hunter's Haven)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter's Haven View Post
    The weather looked perfect for an offshore adventure today so I called my fishing daughter up with hopes of putting her on her first mahi. There had been several reports over the last week that some were being caught within the range of my boat. So off we went at 6:30 am heading to AR362, about 11.5miles out. There was some bait around the area but nothing feeding. Stayed a little over an hour and then decided
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Offshore May 14, 15 and 17 (by Fishnwarrior)

Awarded by , 05-25-2010 at 01:06 AM

Quote Originally Posted by fishnwarrior View Post
    Finally the warm water has moved over some good bottom. Friday we caught 10 nice dolphin and a small blackfin tuna. Had a great group of guys that were excellent fishermen. The weather man missed the forecast Saturday. Calling for 10-15 and 2-4 foot seas. Ended up being 15-25 and 6-8 foot seas. All four of our group got sick and ended up coming in after about an hour. Had a 1/2 day shore charter Monday and
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  5. Fog, Wahoo & Dolphin!

It was a challenging day but also a rewarding one. We left the Surf City ramp at 3:30am headed for the Gulf Stream in a dense fog. The fog came in patches as we made our way south in the ICW. As we approached Topsail Creek and the inlet, the fog became VERY Dense. In fact we couldn't see more than 25 yards and we were better off without the light as it was just reflected back at us. Of course the NTI ...
    Tags: fog, mahi, wahoo
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing