NCangler.com - Offshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Offshore Fishing

1. Wahoo on 9/11

Awarded by , 09-13-2011 at 09:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Angler View Post
    It's been a long, stormy & hot summer with few opportunities for me to fish. Not many catching reports from me . That changed yesterday. I was able to go on a Gulf Stream on my friend Taylor's Boat. We headed out about 5am with high hopes and weren't disappointed!

The seas were slick and the ride was smooth in Taylor's Glacier Bay catamaran. We deployed some high
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  2. Double Barrel fishing report SEP 3rd out of MHC

Quote Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
    I was delighted to have Rod, Rob, Cathy and Misty with me today as we headed out for some deep water trolling action. Smooth sailing on the way out - for those going out watch for the hurricane trash line about 2 miles shy of the 14 buoy. I saw two large pillars floating that would probably do some serious damage if hit.

We started trolling around the 90'
    Tags: big rock, mahi, wahoo
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  3. Wahoo - Double Barrel Fish Report!

I was accompanied by Tom, Bernard, Dave, and Zack for another offshore adventure. We pushed out of Radio Island around 0530, easy going out of the inlet and that was the last smooth water we would find all day! Man was it rough out there, that SE wind at 14kts really made it slow going and coming with lots of water over the bow.

My father saw some of
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Offshore Trolling report - MHC Sailfish!

Took off out of MHC at 0530 with Dave, Bill and Bernard (one no show) for our luck at sailfish and white marlin. It was smooth riding going out in the head sea; not many boats out (weather may have spooked a fe folks) We went back to our hot spot last week and had about the same luck. This trip I was experimenting with circle hooked ballyhoo. After the first sailfish took off
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  5. Fishing out of MHC

Pushed out of Beaufort inlet this morning, 20mph winds in our face. We knew the water would be rough, so life jackets for everyone and away we went after the sailfish we heard were in thick! It was rough going, took almost 2 hours to make it out just past the 14 Buoy, but we made it. Lots of scattered weed - awesome (line cleaning all day)!

We were treated with a few
    Tags: sailfish
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast