NCangler.com - Offshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Offshore Fishing

1. Mahi

Quote Originally Posted by bonedoc View Post
    Well,

I had the awesome opportunity to take a friend out with our two sons Aiden(8) and Garrett(7) for a trip out of bogue inlet on Saturday in search of hungry fish! Plan was to try out AR 345 for BSB and flounder. We ended up catching a few sharks including a small bull (4 feet) and a few atlantic sharpnose (pictured). The fishing was relatively slow, but the weather was great.
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  2. Fish Report - MHC Offshore 6-11

Awarded by , 06-14-2011 at 05:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
    Took off out of Beaufort Inlet Saturday, along with the other 66 boats in the Big Rock Lady' Angler Tournament. Going out was fun - head sea with lots of chop, could only avg 20kts (usual 27kts). We pulled up just past the 14 buoy and landed a few small mahi. Trolled out north of the 90' drop and then toward the Atlas Tanker. Nice water over there, had a marlin in the spread but he wouldn't eat anything.
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  3. Memorial Day Fish Report

Awarded by , 05-30-2011 at 10:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneyme View Post
    Sat I had the pleasure of fishing with David and his son Dylan (my father and his friend Bob joined as well). Have to say it was the worst weather I've ever had to deal with thunderstorm wise to date. Had a big cell just keep growing on us and pushing us out to sea. Water was so deep the depth-finder stopped working past 1,000'! Water was like a whirlpool...have to hand it to Dylan for toughing it out -
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Grouper Slaying (5-22-2011)

On Sunday, I finally got my first chance to get out and do some serious grouper fishing since the season opened on May first. It paid off!

I was with my friend Scott on his boat the REEL DREAM and our friend Tanner. We left out of New River inlet and headed out to some nice bottom in about 120-130 feet of water and began dropping out baits. we used a variety of lures including Bluewater ...
    Tags: grouper
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  5. Gulf Stream Trip 5-10-11

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Angler View Post
    Finally! The marine forecast was decent for a day that I could manage to fit into my schedule for some offshore fishing. I headed out at 4am this morning on my buddy Taylor's boat with Scott and Doug. We left out of New River I"nlet and headed in the direction of the Swansboro Hole near the Gulf Stream.

About 6 or 7 miles short of there we stopped and deployed some cow bells (high
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing