NCangler.com - Recent Post Awards - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Recent Post Awards

1. Double Barrel fishing report SEP 3rd out of MHC

Quote Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
    I was delighted to have Rod, Rob, Cathy and Misty with me today as we headed out for some deep water trolling action. Smooth sailing on the way out - for those going out watch for the hurricane trash line about 2 miles shy of the 14 buoy. I saw two large pillars floating that would probably do some serious damage if hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

We started trolling around the 90'
    Tags: big rock, mahi, wahoo
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  2. Gulf Stream Trip 5-10-11

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Angler View Post
    Finally! The marine forecast was decent for a day that I could manage to fit into my schedule for some offshore fishing. I headed out at 4am this morning on my buddy Taylor's boat with Scott and Doug. We left out of New River I"nlet and headed in the direction of the Swansboro Hole near the Gulf Stream.

About 6 or 7 miles short of there we stopped and deployed some cow bells (high
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  3. Christina's First Mahi (By Hunter's Haven)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter's Haven View Post
    The weather looked perfect for an offshore adventure today so I called my fishing daughter up with hopes of putting her on her first mahi. There had been several reports over the last week that some were being caught within the range of my boat. So off we went at 6:30 am heading to AR362, about 11.5miles out. There was some bait around the area but nothing feeding. Stayed a little over an hour and then decided
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Fog, Wahoo & Dolphin!

It was a challenging day but also a rewarding one. We left the Surf City ramp at 3:30am headed for the Gulf Stream in a dense fog. The fog came in patches as we made our way south in the ICW. As we approached Topsail Creek and the inlet, the fog became VERY Dense. In fact we couldn't see more than 25 yards and we were better off without the light as it was just reflected back at us. Of course the NTI ...
    Tags: fog, mahi, wahoo
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing