NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Scanoe Stipers on the Roanoke

Awarded by , 05-15-2013 at 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack in N.C. View Post
    My son and myself fished the Roanoke on Mothers day since were were in town to see my wife's mother. We fished from 3 - dark. We knew the striper bite would be easy so at first we fished for bass and panfish that we luv to catch in the Roanoke. The bass fishing was kinda slow with the high water(15000 cfm).

We did manage a few nice bream and 1 decent Raccoon Perch, and my son did manage a couple
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Flounder Gigging in the wind, 5/12/13

Awarded by , 05-14-2013 at 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Last night at dark it was completely calm. Met my guy at the ramp around 10 and it started blowing 10-15 gusting to 20. Since we were there and the trip was planned we gave it a run anyway. Got our limit in about 41/2 hours. The conditions were horrible.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Badom Lake Cats 5/10-11/13

Awarded by , 05-13-2013 at 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Getting ready to go to Santee Cooper in a few weeks so I wanted to do a night trip and check out everything before we head down. Called my buddy Jesse and decided to hit Badin last night. Had several people asking for some fresh fish, so we were on a mission. Didn't get to the lake till around 9:30 or so. Put in at Old Whitney and headed to Garr Creek to get some bait. I had some bream and crappie that Zach had caught earlier in the day at
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  4. Breakin' In the New Kayak...(picture heavy)

Awarded by , 05-11-2013 at 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish_hunter View Post
    I took out the kayak for it's maiden voyage this afternoon... I headed to a local farm pond for some bassin'. I ended up having a pretty good afternoon. I landed over 12 bass 5 of them were over 3lbs and also landed 2 pickerels and a couple brim... The fish we're caught on green stick baits with a few of the larger bass caught on a super spook jr.

Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. May Action on the Neuse

Awarded by , 05-10-2013 at 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamlico Tackle View Post
    I got to say the fishing is on! Trout, Drum, Flounder and Rock are all being found in creeks and river shore. The problem recent has been the wind and too high of water. For those getting out, it has been worth the venture. Shoreline catches are improving drastically as fish are staged to hit the river shore and sound.

One of the local guys that, wishes to be anonymous, has been on several pods of
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gary trout doa.jpg‎ 
Views:	115 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	51520