NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Badin cats 6-20-13

Awarded by , 06-21-2013 at 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Took a couple friends of mine's boys out today with Zach and Mike for some cats on Badin since we have been catching them pretty good lately. Got to the lake at daylight and caught bait ok, but had to do a bit of looking for it. They had one gate partially open, but it looks more like there is a piece of debris (log?) stuck in it and it won't close all the way. Fished from up the river down to the islands on the main lake but caught most fish
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. The Inshore Bite the past few days 6/19/13 PIC HEAVY

Awarded by , 06-19-2013 at 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    I have been fishing South Topsail/Fig 8/Surf City and New River the past 3-4 days. The bite has been really good most days, there have been a couple slower trips. Today was a good example. A little slow this am, but we did manage a 25" trout and a inshore slam. Then it was on FIRE on my afternoon trip on topwater. Double hook ups, reds of all sizes, all of the fun. Any questions on gear etc., fire away. All fish
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Tull's Mill Pond Weekend

Awarded by , 06-19-2013 at 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boredgunny View Post
    David Jarman and I went to Tull's Mill Pond (Outside of Pink Hill, NC) on Saturday and Sunday. Arrived each day at around 6:30 a.m. (Doesn't open until 7 a.m.). Saturday was a big day for catching virtually nothing. We were each fishing with large minnows on one pole while trying to attract bass with every lure in our tackle bags (Mostly top water though) and caught quite a few Chain Pickeral (Jack Pike) and Bowfin
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my pictures 037.jpg‎ 
Views:	119 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	52708   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my pictures 040.jpg‎ 
Views:	1288 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	52709  
  4. Busy 2 days on the Neuse

Awarded by , 06-16-2013 at 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamlico Tackle View Post
    Me and Michael did an early AM trip to the stumps Sunday and even with low water manged a nice top water and DOA Airhead bite of rock and drum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rock michael crop top web.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	52637 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rock me crop best web.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	52638 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airhead rockcrop me web.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	52639 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	michael airhead drum crop web.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	52640

I was out Wednesday with Jeff and Mellissa Lowe, a couple vacationing from Kentucky while kids are a camp. They decide to spend
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. Monster Gar

Awarded by , 06-12-2013 at 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenardo View Post
    Went bass fishing with my family yesterday. We had an awesome day. Plenty bass with the biggest being two ounces shy of 5 lbs.

But the true show stopper was this 55" gar.

Didn't have scales large enough to get the weight (10# digitals), but the girth was just shy of 20".

After the release and a little searching online I realized he was a contender for the state record.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing