NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Topsail Trip: 05/25/13 to 06/01/13

Awarded by , 06-04-2013 at 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by funketown View Post
    Took a family vacation this past week to Topsail and had a really nice time fishing.

First fished 05/26 on the surf. Went out that morning on the rising tide and landed an 11" snapper blue on a fireball rig with cut shrimp. Just a few minutes later, got a big hit on a two-hook bottom rig with cut shrimp and reeled up a Pompano right around 16". Not sure of the weight, but it was pretty
    Categories
    Surf/Pier Fishing
  2. Pics from the past few days 6/2/13 Pic Heavy

Awarded by , 06-03-2013 at 06:50 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    The flounder bite has been a little wacky for me so far this year. The fish there, but it has been tough to get on a consistent bite this week. The drum are on fire on topwater. Top Dogs, Top Dog Jrs, Top Pops will get it done as well as B-donks, etc.. Some good trout are mixed with some of the drum as well. We had a 33" red strike a Top Pup today. I also have found 30 dead and floating the past two weeks killed
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Second Monster of the week...

Awarded by , 05-31-2013 at 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    Went from never catching a flathead to shattering my record by 11lbs on my second fish in a week... My brother came over early to go bowfin and catfishing with me today. After a slow morning catching only 2 bowfin (3 and 5.5lbs respectively) a small channel cat and a turtle from 6am to 9:15, we were considering giving up and going home. Fortunately we chose to stick it out a little while longer because a few minutes
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25lbFlatty(NC).jpg‎ 
Views:	1815 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	52211  
  4. My little good luck charm

Awarded by , 05-30-2013 at 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev2380 View Post
    I have yet to get skunked when my daughter comes along. It also seems like when I let her reel the fish in she has a monster on the line. The gill I hooked and she brought it in, the crappie she caught and landed herself. 14inches! Bigger than any crappie I've ever caught.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biggill_zps60e8fab8.jpg‎ 
Views:	96 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	52181  
  5. Mr. North Carolina Rediscovers Fishing

Awarded by , 05-29-2013 at 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bwguffey View Post
    So my trainer and close friend Michael Broadway has been itching to go fishing with me for a few months now. Michael is an accomplished bodybuilder having been named "Mr. North Carolina" among other prestigious titles. He trains several folks who's names and faces you'd recognize either on the stage or on the field. Still in phenomenal shape considering he's just shy of 50.

He grew up
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing