NCangler.com - Freshwater Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Freshwater Fishing

1. Personal Best Smallmouth

Awarded by , 11-08-2017 at 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bstark View Post
    Fished Lake James yesterday. Weather was cold, calm and cloudy/foggy. Water was around 63-64 degrees. Decent number of boats fishing. Ran up a few creeks to find them full of bait but only managed a couple of small largemouth. Decided to follow the birds and ended up finding fish. Threw a white fluke, spybait, topwater and jig/fluke combos and had some good success. Quite a few breaking fish and others set
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake James Smallie 11-5-17 (6.5 lbs).jpg‎ 
Views:	1653 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	167026  
  2. Trolling KVD 1.Os - Jordan Lake Tailwalker

Awarded by , 10-09-2017 at 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestewsbro View Post
    Yep, they're still working. Got out with my photographer buddy again yesterday and every fish was caught in a few feet of water on KVD 1.0s. Every fish trolling. Scott is really becoming a wizard with a camera. Four species, lots of small perch, crappie and largemouth along with 1 catfish. And i got a treble hook in the thumb for the first time ever from an unprovoked and evil crappie...here are a few pics...
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing

Name:	IMG_0221.jpg‎ 
Views:	152 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	163169  
  3. HPCL Meet N Greet! Pics From Today

Awarded by , 09-27-2017 at 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry condrey View Post
    Had around ten or twelve folks show up, a couple even made it up from 2 hours east of here. Bass were biting off and on, and most caught fish. Joey and I managed 8, including 5 that went 15-16 inches. Another pair of guys got 9 fish, another 5, and on down the line!
    I had a miss fire on a good one. (always, always check your drag, dummy!) Joey and I each had a fish that was exactly 16 inches long, but his
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. RRR 8-6-17: Fishing was lousy, I'm ecstatic!

Awarded by , 08-08-2017 at 12:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedingblue View Post
    This is a classic lousy day at the lake saved by one great bite. I was optimistic when I arrived on the water about 12:30 because there was nice cloud cover and some breeze. I headed up lake around 62 bridge and was casting a buzzbait. I had cast across a point but the wind blew my line over a branch on a bush. I reeled up to the bush and when I flipped the bait over the branch a bass was bulging water right
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. Right place right time...

Awarded by , 08-02-2017 at 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    Haven't put a report up on here in a while (nor have I had a lot of time to fish) since I moved back to NC. But this one couldn't be left out! I moved to an apartment with a 50 acre sand pit that's well over 30' deep in spots, it's more or less a lake. Over the course of the past month or so I'd occasionally see fish busting and schooling out towards the middle or out of range, usually on days I was playing with
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	BackyardBassin1.jpg‎ 
Views:	1231 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	154609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BackyardBassin2.jpg‎ 
Views:	127 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	154617