NCangler.com - Offshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Offshore Fishing

1. Atlantic Bonito

The Atlantic Bonito is one of my favorite fish. Not because it's a good fighter for its size, nor because it is one of the first pelagic fish to visit our shore in the spring, nor because it comes ...
    Tags: Bonita
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TimC-Bonita.jpg‎ 
Views:	14429 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	12415  
  2. Jigging offshore in the Gulf Stream - March 31, 2009

Awarded by , 04-01-2009 at 10:23 PM

It was a beautiful day offshore yesterday as I joined Capt. Jodie Gay of Blue Water Candy Lures, Capt. Rick Croson of Living Waters Guide Service, Capt. Arlen Ash of Ultimate Reaction Sportfishing and my friend and cameraman Warren Gentry for a day of fishing and filming in the Gulf Stream on a DVD project I'm developing.

We are working on a DVD project to show anglers how to catch any number
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  3. Cobia, Grouper and more

The old adage about March, in like a lion, out like a lamb may be true more often than not. But on yesterday's fishing trip the March weather was like a lamb and the fishing ROARED like a lion! What an awesome day to go fishing. The winds were less than five knots, there were no seas to speak of and the sun shone bright all day. It was a little cold, especially on the ride out but tolerable.

We headed out about ...
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Spanish Mackerel & a catching report

The Spanish have arrived, Spanish mackerel that is. Many anglers including myself have been enjoying the early spring mix of Atlantic Bonito and bluefish and now Spanish mackerel. Of course the drum and trout continue to be favorite targets in the sounds and creeks with larger flounder starting to show up too.

Often just called “Spanish” this fish is the smaller cousin to the king mackerel with a strong family resemblance. ...
  5. The Bonito have ARRIVED!

Its official, spring fishing has begun! The mullet bite has been strong, plenty of nice speckled trout are being caught in the New River and its creeks and now the Bonito have showed up off of New River Inlet at Divers rock.

Speaking of Bonito, it’s one of my favorite fish and really gets my fishing blood warmed up in the spring. The bonito visit our coast line about this time of year and will stay a few weeks before ...
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast