NCangler.com - Offshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Offshore Fishing

1. Wahoo! 8-18-13

Awarded by , 08-20-2013 at 02:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Angler View Post
    I hadnít been offshore in almost a year so when my good friend Taylor called and invited me to go on Sunday, I jumped on the chance. He also invited my good friend and fishing buddy Gery (AKA: Huntershaven). Another friend of Taylorís, Michael, also came along.

We meet at Taylorís at 5am and soon were headed out of the boat ramp in Sneads Ferry for Swansboro Hole and other places near it. After a
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  2. Daughter's Birthday Wish Fullfilled

Awarded by , 05-19-2013 at 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter's Haven View Post
    My daughter wanted to fish with her dad for her birthday yesterday and her wish was to catch her first Mahi. Got up with a friend of mine and we headed to the Same-Ole. It was snotty but we made it and within 10 minutes we had a happy birthday girl. The bites continued off and on and we let Brittany battle the fish as it was her special day unless there was a double. Made
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  3. Wahoo, Wahoo and another Wahoo!

Awarded by , 09-04-2012 at 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Angler View Post
    Finally, a chance to go fishing. Between my work schedule and the weather, I had not been fishing since April 15th. I was invited to go out with my friend Taylor on his boat to chase some wahoo out near the Gulf Stream. Steve & Doug went as well.

As we approached our spot (about 5 miles before we reached our spot) we deployed some high speed lures made by Ballyhood - we call them cow bells.
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Got his first Amberjack to the boat!!

Awarded by , 07-20-2012 at 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brickphil View Post
    Went off shore on the 14th, trolled live baits for a few hours and after 5 nice boated and released Kings..... reel took off screaming. It was little mans turn to reel in and boy did he have it coming. 20 mins went by, and we finally see color about 20ft down (the fish, not the bottom even though we could see the bottom in 75ft of water and the 12ft tiger following close by). Well after a few more short runs and having
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saylors Amberjack.jpg‎ 
Views:	1971 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	43189  
  5. Offshore MHC - 6/19

Awarded by , 06-27-2012 at 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by moneal78 View Post
    Headed offshore on 6/19 aboard my father-in-law's Albemarle. It had been blowing since the Big Rock and we jumped on the chance to go out since the winds had laid out nicely. It was slick c'am! Cruised out to AR-14 with no problem and put some skirted medium ballyhoo in the water and started to troll. It was a little crowded around the buoy so we decided to troll to the 90ft drop. There were some scattered weeds,
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	601330_10100809165447778_191195733_n.jpg‎ 
Views:	1772 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	42424  
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast