NCangler.com - Inshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Inshore Fishing

1. Seaview Pier Flounder for Dinner 10/5/10 by Bread Man 1

Awarded by , 10-07-2010 at 12:36 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Hit the pier after I took my little one to school. It took 4-5 casts with the net to have 3-4 dozen mullets, and I was off. Still bait in the backwaters. The pier was slow, spot here, mullet there, red here, trout there. I did see a pompano with black and red fins caught. Pretty fish. Water was a green/brown muddy color, low tide was clear. Only managed 6 keeper flounder, and some little ones. I threw two small
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. Day 2: Oriental Red Drum Fishing trip

Awarded by , 09-08-2010 at 09:20 PM

It was a little slower today than last and the wind was up a good bit more but still a beautiful afternoon on the water. Mike had the first old Red Drum to the boat around 5:15 and I followed suit about 6:30, with a skate in between.

Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. September Old Red Drum near Oriental

Awarded by , 09-08-2010 at 08:37 AM

Topsail Angler and I had the opportunity to do some Old Red Drum fishing near Oriental, NC yesterday. We setup about 3PM and fished till 8. Between 6-7PM we had three nice fish at the boat.

Mike caught the first (38") and I hooked up with the next two (both around 40-42" we estimate. Unfortunately my first ran right for the boat when he was still green and then did a power move to ...
  4. Old Drumming Friday 8-20 (by Hyperstriper)

Quote Originally Posted by hyperstriper View Post
    Carried my wife, daughter and nephew old Drum fishing Friday afternoon around the mouth of the Neuse, we got setup about 1820 in 10' of water and feed to bait steelers until about 1950 when we got our first run.

Michelle is sitting next to the rod, so she grabs it and goes to work on the first fish. Nice fish, quick pic and off he swims to fight again!

Then
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. NCPIERMAN lands the Queen's Revenge's 1st Citation Fish!

Congratulations to Tim (NCPierman) for catching this citation flounder. She weighed in at 8 pounds and 12 ounces and was caught on a live finger mullet. The fish was 32 inches long and had a girth of 23 inches! He weighed it in at Dudley's Marina in Swansboro. The fish was caught in the morning on July 11, 2010 while fishing in Bear Creek.

Nick (Redbeard) was fishing with him and
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing