NCangler.com - Inshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Inshore Fishing

1. Atlantic Bonito

Usually one of the first migratory species to visit us in spring is the Atlantic Bonito (Sarda Sarda). The bonito is related to both the tuna and mackerel families and shouldn't be confused with a similar fish, the False Albacore, that also visits our coast in the spring. To further confuse the two fish, in Florida they commonly call the False Albie a Bonita (notice the A instead of the O).

It is one of my favorite ...
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. Halloween kayak fishing in Bath & Back Creeks

Skooteri and I got up in the wee hours for a Halloween run to Bath for more of the slam action he had been working the last 2 weeks. Not the greatest catching report, but its always a good time to see some kayaks on the home page! [See Page 2]

We arrived at Quarterdeck Marina on Back Creek just before 7am. These folks are right across the street from Capt Mike's Rivertime Outfitters. $5 pay ...
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. Oriental Red Drum

Randy (NCAngler) and I had the opportunity to spend a few days fishing this week. We headed to Oriental to target big red drum on the Nuese River. These are beautiful fish which grow rather large and live to be many, many years old (well over 50). They are blast to catch, they will give you quite a tug even on heavier tackle.

It started a little slow as the first evening we got run off the water by ...
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randy_drum2.jpg‎ 
Views:	7932 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	12400  
  4. The Kayaks Storm Fort Fisher!

This week's adventure for the kayak crowd was the 2nd Annual Kayak Fishing Meet & Greet at Fort Fisher, hosted by Druminator, and featuring his dad on the grill! I'd estimate somewhere between 30 and 40 kayak anglers made it out to the Fort for meeting, greeting, fishing, eating and checking out the other boats.

I put a bunch of NCangler faces to names out there, but its a bit of a blur ...
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. Grouper fishing out of Topsail Inlet in December

Awarded by , 12-20-2007 at 06:34 PM

I had the pleasure yesterday to fish with Topsail Angler, Mike Becker, out of his home waters in Hampstead. A good friend from my church, Richard Dennis, and I left my house around 4:45AM and trailered my 21' center console to Mike's home in Hampstead. We had the boat in the water and were heading toward the inlet by 7:30.

Categories
    Inshore Fishing