NCangler.com - Fly Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Fly Fishing

1. Trout Recap (Pic Heavy)

Awarded by , 12-31-2015 at 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    I figured I'd catch up here, and contribute some of my more favored pictures from some of my outings.

I've covered a lot of mileage and a lot water this year.

Enjoy.

Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  2. Mitchell River/ Stone Mountain

Awarded by , 11-07-2015 at 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NukeMan814 View Post
    Took my second annual trip to fish some DH water this past Tuesday. Started off at the Mitchell and was later than I meant to be, but it didn't seem to matter. Got there 45 minutes after first light and was the only car in the parking lot. Put on my gear stepped in the water right behind my truck and was immediately getting bit. And to my surprise, I was catching rainbows were nothing but brookies last
    Categories
  3. Pisgah Blue Lines

Awarded by , 09-24-2015 at 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformedFisher View Post
    Today and yesterday a good friend and I headed into Pisgah Forest for some camping and fishing. We're both glass geeks and blue line fishermen and so this trip consisted of both.

We managed several small stream gems of the Rainbow variety yesterday.

They might not be the
    Categories
  4. Beautiful day on a blue line

Awarded by , 08-20-2015 at 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    My wife and I came to the mountains of Western North Carolina for a little over-night get away. While we were here we stopped in on one of my favorite blue lines in the area. We didn't have long to fish with all the thunder storms and rain rolling through, but the time we did have was wonderful.

Weapon of choice today was my Steffen 8' 3/4. I love this rod. I just does so many things well.
    Categories
  5. Epic day on the South Holston

Awarded by , 08-16-2015 at 01:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    Let me begin by saying that yesterday was a day of firsts. Among them were: 1. My first time hiring a guide. 2. My first time in a truly "big" river. 3. My first time in a drift boat. 4. The first time I ever laid eyes on this particular river.

I'll let the pictures speak for me instead if relating the entire story, but suffice it to say It was easily the best day of
    Categories
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast